Live better electrically

Old June 14th 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

Default Live better electrically

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/06...ew-sports-car/

If the range isn't sufficient I guess you could replace the batteries
with Energizers? Then it would keep going and going and going and..

Old June 14th 07, 05:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article > ,
XS11E > wrote:

> If the range isn't sufficient I guess you could replace the batteries
> with Energizers? Then it would keep going and going and going and..

But the damned drum would drive you nuts.
Old June 16th 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

"Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message
> In article > ,
> XS11E > wrote:
>
>> If the range isn't sufficient I guess you could replace the batteries
>> with Energizers? Then it would keep going and going and going and..

> But the damned drum would drive you nuts.

Good call!
Chris
99BBB

Old June 16th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mal Osborne

Why would a electric car have 4 Exhaust pipes? (first photo). My guess it
is a Jag, looks kinda reminiscant of an E-Type.

. 184...

Old June 16th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

"Mal Osborne" > wrote in message
> Why would a electric car have 4 Exhaust pipes? (first photo). My guess it
> is a Jag, looks kinda reminiscant of an E-Type.

IIRC it also has virtual engine sound (maybe that was a different car, I
started wandering when I read about this car). You gotta have a place for
that sound to appear to come out, otherwise, you won't fool anybody ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old June 16th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"Mal Osborne" > wrote:

> Why would a electric car have 4 Exhaust pipes? (first photo). My
> guess it is a Jag, looks kinda reminiscant of an E-Type.

I'm not sure it does have exhaust pipes, the other photos aren't very
clear? This doesn't help, either: http://www.lightningcarcompany.com/

If it does it would be because people expect it, I guess, but I don't
think those are exhaust pipes?

Old June 16th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article > ,
XS11E > wrote:

> I'm not sure it does have exhaust pipes, the other photos aren't very
> clear? This doesn't help, either: http://www.lightningcarcompany.com/

The story says the chassis was developed first, using a gas engine,
before the electric stuff was installed. Maybe he saw an old photo.

Since we're far into the realm of speculation, I'm sure Pat and Leon
will join us soon... <ducking>
Old June 17th 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

Lanny Chambers > wrote:

>In article > ,
> XS11E > wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure it does have exhaust pipes, the other photos aren't very
>> clear? This doesn't help, either: http://www.lightningcarcompany.com/

>The story says the chassis was developed first, using a gas engine,
>before the electric stuff was installed. Maybe he saw an old photo.
>
>Since we're far into the realm of speculation, I'm sure Pat and Leon
>will join us soon... <ducking>

A Leon does not speculate, and neither, AFAIK, does Pat. A Leon observes
data and them draws the logical conclusions.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/photos/...ing-gt/273109/
There are no exhaust pipes in this picture. Assuming they do not fake-exhaust
through the front grille, I would assume no fake exhausts have been added at
all.

Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old June 17th 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mal Osborne

"Leon van Dommelen" > wrote in message
> Lanny Chambers > wrote:
>
>>In article > ,
>> XS11E > wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure it does have exhaust pipes, the other photos aren't very
>>> clear? This doesn't help, either: http://www.lightningcarcompany.com/

>>The story says the chassis was developed first, using a gas engine,
>>before the electric stuff was installed. Maybe he saw an old photo.
>>
>>Since we're far into the realm of speculation, I'm sure Pat and Leon
>>will join us soon... <ducking>

> A Leon does not speculate, and neither, AFAIK, does Pat. A Leon observes
> data and them draws the logical conclusions.
>
> http://www.autobloggreen.com/photos/...ing-gt/273109/
> There are no exhaust pipes in this picture. Assuming they do not
> fake-exhaust
> through the front grille, I would assume no fake exhausts have been added
> at
> all.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/photos/...ing-gt/273101/

This one seems to have E-Type four exhausts sticking out the back. Also,
the car is supposed to feature regerative braking & hub mounted motors, yet
this pic shows the hubs full of brake disks.

Old June 17th 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mal Osborne

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message

> "Mal Osborne" > wrote in message
>> Why would a electric car have 4 Exhaust pipes? (first photo). My guess
>> it is a Jag, looks kinda reminiscant of an E-Type.
>>

> IIRC it also has virtual engine sound (maybe that was a different car, I
> started wandering when I read about this car). You gotta have a place for
> that sound to appear to come out, otherwise, you won't fool anybody ;-)

Kinda like kids putting a bit of cardboard in the spokes of their bike?
IMHO most of us outgrew that. Tacky.

Jeep just died ( electrically) after 20 mile journey Harry Palmer Jeep 33 March 14th 06 04:03 PM
Electrically dead! Williams Technology 7 July 28th 05 05:55 AM
electrically stupid BDragon Corvette 32 February 6th 05 08:14 AM