Can someone run a Carfax report for me?

Old June 19th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

Default Can someone run a Carfax report for me?

"Iva" > wrote
> Yep. And the car handles like a dream.

But no winking.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old June 20th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Pat wrote:
> Iva wrote:
>
>> Yep. And the car handles like a dream. Although the ride is a
>> whole lot different than the '90. Guess I'll just have to take a
>> whole lot of road trips to get used to it. <g>

> What a chore!
>
>> First thing is to get a roll bar, then put in the air horns I took
>> off Belle.

> Ahhh, another rollbar enthusiast.
> As much as I hear about them being designed for use with helmets
> only, greater chance of being injured in a rear-end than having a
> rollover, etc., I still really like to have one on any miata that I
> drive.

My Belle had a Hard Dog M1 Sport that I really liked. I hope to never
have to *use* one but I do feel a bit safer having one on the car.
I'm looking at the M2 Sport if it'll fit around the factory windblock.

>> No, actually the first thing will be the wash, clay, polish and
>> wax! Got to get that whole bonding thing done first. <G>
>>

> We will be expecting pictures.....

Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/2d7m7n

Still don't have a name for her. The president of our club, who took
the shots on the 2nd and 3rd pages of the album, thinks I should call
her "Star". The jury is still out on that one though.

Iva & ?
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old June 20th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Ken Lyons wrote:
>Iva wrote
>> Yep. And the car handles like a dream.

> But no winking.

I still have the wiring and the relays. They just don't do anything
on this car.

I was seriously looking for an NA but the husband said I needed to buy
a newer car than a '97. And who am I to argue with that? <g>

Iva & ?
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old June 20th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Iva wrote:

> My Belle had a Hard Dog M1 Sport that I really liked. I hope to never
> have to *use* one but I do feel a bit safer having one on the car.
> I'm looking at the M2 Sport if it'll fit around the factory windblock.

The folks at Hard Dog can tell you. They have probably had every
imaginable question asked about fitting.

> Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/2d7m7n

Nice! I assume that this is after your treatment?

> Still don't have a name for her. The president of our club, who took
> the shots on the 2nd and 3rd pages of the album, thinks I should call
> her "Star". The jury is still out on that one though.
>
> Iva & ?
> 2004 Classic Red
> No more winkin' Miata

With your history of keeping a red car looking nice and glassy, I vote
for "Hyaline", but it is your call. :-)

Pat
Old June 20th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Pat wrote:
> Iva wrote:
>
> > My Belle had a Hard Dog M1 Sport that I really liked. I hope to

never
> > have to *use* one but I do feel a bit safer having one on the car.
> > I'm looking at the M2 Sport if it'll fit around the factory

windblock.

> The folks at Hard Dog can tell you. They have probably had every
> imaginable question asked about fitting.

I'll probably give them a call just to confirm - it looks like it
should but one should never assume!

> > Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/2d7m7n

> Nice! I assume that this is after your treatment?

No, this is as received! I did notice after it rained this morning
that there wasn't a whole lot of beading on the hood so I'll be waxing
sooner rather than later.

> > Still don't have a name for her. The president of our club, who

took
> > the shots on the 2nd and 3rd pages of the album, thinks I should

call
> > her "Star". The jury is still out on that one though.
> >

> With your history of keeping a red car looking nice and glassy, I

vote
> for "Hyaline", but it is your call. :-)

I have to admit that I got a bit anal about keeping Belle looking
good. <g>
American Heritage Dictionary -
hyaline n.
Physiology The uniform matrix of hyaline cartilage.
Pathology A translucent product of some degenerative skin conditions.
[Greek hualos, glass + -in.]
adj.
Resembling glass, as in translucence or transparency; glassy.
n.
Old June 20th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Eric Baber

> Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/2d7m7n

Very nice, congratulations :-) Nice steering-wheel too. It's on the wrong
side of the car though?!

Eric

Old June 20th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

OOOHHH..... "We be stylin' .... " !!!!!

Old June 21st 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

"Iva" > wrote:

>Pat wrote:
>> Iva wrote:
>>
>>> Yep. And the car handles like a dream. Although the ride is a
>>> whole lot different than the '90. Guess I'll just have to take a
>>> whole lot of road trips to get used to it. <g>

>> What a chore!
>>
>>> First thing is to get a roll bar, then put in the air horns I took
>>> off Belle.

>> Ahhh, another rollbar enthusiast.
>> As much as I hear about them being designed for use with helmets
>> only, greater chance of being injured in a rear-end than having a
>> rollover, etc., I still really like to have one on any miata that I
>> drive.

>My Belle had a Hard Dog M1 Sport that I really liked. I hope to never
>have to *use* one but I do feel a bit safer having one on the car.
>I'm looking at the M2 Sport if it'll fit around the factory windblock.
>
>>> No, actually the first thing will be the wash, clay, polish and
>>> wax! Got to get that whole bonding thing done first. <G>
>>>

>> We will be expecting pictures.....

>Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/2d7m7n

Congratulations! A nice safe color too, except when there are
cops around.

>Still don't have a name for her. The president of our club, who took
>the shots on the 2nd and 3rd pages of the album, thinks I should call
>her "Star". The jury is still out on that one though.

Wait until you get to know her better.

Leon

--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old June 21st 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Eric Baber wrote:

>> Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/2d7m7n

> Very nice, congratulations :-) Nice steering-wheel too. It's on the
> wrong side of the car though?!

Not on this side of the pond it isn't! <g>

Iva & ?
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old June 21st 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Remove This wrote:

> OOOHHH..... "We be stylin' .... " !!!!!

All that chrome does take some getting used to. As does the white
dial faces.

And what's really strange is that all those white faces glow red when
you turn the headlights on! And the read-out on the radio says
"Hello" when you first turn it on. And it glows red too.

Quite a difference from my '90.

Iva & ?
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata