Radio-CD Player Stopped Working

Old June 12th 07, 12:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
KKennedy

Default Radio-CD Player Stopped Working

Driving my '99 Miata yesterday, I noticed that the same song from the CD
inserted in the Mazda Bose system was repeating. I pressed the random
button, and the whole unit stopped functioning. No matter what buttons I
press, nothing happens. The antenna stays down, but the
clock/station/whatever display is frozen at 8:25. A cursory check of the
underdash and engine bay fuses showed them to be intact. Any clues?

Old June 12th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"KKennedy" > wrote:

> Driving my '99 Miata yesterday, I noticed that the same song from
> the CD inserted in the Mazda Bose system was repeating. I pressed
> the random button, and the whole unit stopped functioning. No
> matter what buttons I press, nothing happens. The antenna stays
> down, but the clock/station/whatever display is frozen at 8:25. A
> cursory check of the underdash and engine bay fuses showed them to
> be intact. Any clues?

If the clock is dead you may not have any power to the unit, pull it
and check the plug.

You can find which pin is which he

http://www.miata.net/garage/nbaudio/index.html

Old June 21st 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
KKennedy

It was the after-market alarm system....a short drained the battery.
Boosting the car caused the alarm to sound, and the key fob switch could not
disable it. Pesky. I had the whole thing disconnected (who wants to steal a
'99 anymore?).

. 184...