Rebuild vs. factory reconditioned 1.6 - advice?

Old June 4th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Jeannie

Default Rebuild vs. factory reconditioned 1.6 - advice?

Any experience out there for comparisons? I have had two bad
experiences now with factory reconditioned engines, and two other data
points, but want to compare with engines rebuilt by Flyin' Miata or
others...any advice?

Wendy's second reconditioned engine lost #2 compression right out of
warranty (of course) and I am considering putting a rebuilt engine in.

The other question is, she has almost 200K miles on her (original
parts include tranny and rear end, FWIW) and I'm wondering if that is
even a wise thing to do at this point...although it is still a lot
cheaper than a new car.

Help!

Jeannie
and an unhappy Wendy

Old June 4th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article .com>,
Jeannie > wrote:

> The other question is, she has almost 200K miles on her (original
> parts include tranny and rear end, FWIW) and I'm wondering if that is
> even a wise thing to do at this point...although it is still a lot
> cheaper than a new car.

I'd consider a junkyard engine with less than 100k on it. It should be
so much cheaper, you'd have little to lose.
Old June 19th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

great source for used engines and other parts...
http://www.planetmiata.com/

oups.com...