94 vette. Where is the Fuel Filter?

Old April 17th 10, 10:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Scotty[_4_]

Default 94 vette. Where is the Fuel Filter?

The engine seems to sputter or bog down upon initial acceleration but is
fine once moving. I want to change the Fuel Filter but cannot find it. Can
any one help me out? Thanks for your time.

Old April 18th 10, 02:20 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Scotty" > wrote in message
g.com...
> The engine seems to sputter or bog down upon initial acceleration
> but is fine once moving. I want to change the Fuel Filter but cannot
> find it. Can any one help me out? Thanks for your time.

Passenger side, below seating area, passenger mounted on frame in fuel
line, use pair of good fitting wrenches. Not so much a good fit of the
wrench but a fitting wrench of good quality that fits good, they come
off mega hard. Soak the fittings with PB Blaster for a few days will
help. Don't forget to bleed off the line pressure first and disconnect
the battery. Laying under a car is the last place you want to take a
gasoline bath.

Old April 24th 10, 03:38 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
nobody[_4_]

Consider that it might not be the fuel filter. You should probably
also check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. You can tape the fuel
pressure gauge to the windshield, close the hood and do some test
driving and view the pressure under various conditions.

Old May 1st 10, 06:53 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jim H

Jack wrote:
> Consider that it might not be the fuel filter. You should probably
> also check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. You can tape the fuel
> pressure gauge to the windshield, close the hood and do some test
> driving and view the pressure under various conditions

On my '93, the fuel rails deteriorated, and loose material from the
rails clogged them. After they were cleaned, they started seeping fuel,
causing a strong smell of fuel in the garage when the war was put away hot.