tpms, vsa, sensor IDs, reset tools for tpms

Old January 11th 10, 02:48 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Guy[_2_]

Default tpms, vsa, sensor IDs, reset tools for tpms

Having purchased a 2010 CR-V, I was reading up on tires (or the
changing of tires) and came upon the TPMS problems which led to VSA,
Sensor IDs and reset tools for TPMS. It seems the more I read about
this stuff, the more questions I develop. Before I ask questions,
please don't ask me what the manual says. I've already looked at it
and it doesn't answer my questions.

I think most of my questions might be solved if I can buy a TPMS reset
tool but can anyone educate me on what are Sensor IDs and how do you
read them? Do you have to take the tire off to do this or is there
another way? Is the TPMS reset tool different than a OBDII scanner?
Is there a TPMS reset tool that can automatically input the Sensor ID
values without me doing this manually? There are just the beginning
questions I have on this stuff. Feel free to answer other questions
related to this as I want try to get educated before I have the
problems. I suppose I can ask the dealership but some questions they
may not want to answer like reset tools since it would affect their
bottom line. I've never had a TPMS vehicle so when educating me,
assume I'm a beginner. And any good links on this subject? I've got
a couple URLs for some Honda Forums but they still leave me with some
questions tho I'm still looking for more URLs. Thanks.
Old January 11th 10, 09:10 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Zeppo[_2_]

"Guy" > wrote in message
news
> Having purchased a 2010 CR-V, I was reading up on tires (or the
> changing of tires) and came upon the TPMS problems which led to VSA,
> Sensor IDs and reset tools for TPMS. It seems the more I read about
> this stuff, the more questions I develop. Before I ask questions,
> please don't ask me what the manual says. I've already looked at it
> and it doesn't answer my questions.
>
> I think most of my questions might be solved if I can buy a TPMS reset
> tool but can anyone educate me on what are Sensor IDs and how do you
> read them? Do you have to take the tire off to do this or is there
> another way? Is the TPMS reset tool different than a OBDII scanner?
> Is there a TPMS reset tool that can automatically input the Sensor ID
> values without me doing this manually? There are just the beginning
> questions I have on this stuff. Feel free to answer other questions
> related to this as I want try to get educated before I have the
> problems. I suppose I can ask the dealership but some questions they
> may not want to answer like reset tools since it would affect their
> bottom line. I've never had a TPMS vehicle so when educating me,
> assume I'm a beginner. And any good links on this subject? I've got
> a couple URLs for some Honda Forums but they still leave me with some
> questions tho I'm still looking for more URLs. Thanks.

Sorry Guy, but what's a TPMS? Uh, and VSA?

Jon

Old January 11th 10, 11:42 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

"Zeppo" > wrote in :

> "Guy" > wrote in message
> news
>> Having purchased a 2010 CR-V, I was reading up on tires (or the
>> changing of tires) and came upon the TPMS problems which led to VSA,
>> Sensor IDs and reset tools for TPMS. It seems the more I read about
>> this stuff, the more questions I develop. Before I ask questions,
>> please don't ask me what the manual says. I've already looked at it
>> and it doesn't answer my questions.
>>
>> I think most of my questions might be solved if I can buy a TPMS reset
>> tool but can anyone educate me on what are Sensor IDs and how do you
>> read them? Do you have to take the tire off to do this or is there
>> another way? Is the TPMS reset tool different than a OBDII scanner?
>> Is there a TPMS reset tool that can automatically input the Sensor ID
>> values without me doing this manually? There are just the beginning
>> questions I have on this stuff. Feel free to answer other questions
>> related to this as I want try to get educated before I have the
>> problems. I suppose I can ask the dealership but some questions they
>> may not want to answer like reset tools since it would affect their
>> bottom line. I've never had a TPMS vehicle so when educating me,
>> assume I'm a beginner. And any good links on this subject? I've got
>> a couple URLs for some Honda Forums but they still leave me with some
>> questions tho I'm still looking for more URLs. Thanks.

> Sorry Guy, but what's a TPMS? Uh, and VSA?
>
> Jon

Lets get the intimidating jargon out of the way.

TPMS = Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

VSA = Vehicle Stability Assist

Both come to you at great cost courtesy of your federal NHTSA.

(Wave and say hi to the nice regulators! Hi guys! Hey, you over there, use
ALL your fingers, not just one!)

I think the only way you can reset TPMS/VSA DTC's is with a Honda HDS tool,
or by disconnecting the battery.

DTC = Diagnostic Trouble Code

HDS = Honda Diagnostic System

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old January 12th 10, 04:21 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

On 01/11/2010 06:48 AM, Guy wrote:
> Having purchased a 2010 CR-V, I was reading up on tires (or the
> changing of tires) and came upon the TPMS problems which led to VSA,
> Sensor IDs and reset tools for TPMS. It seems the more I read about
> this stuff, the more questions I develop. Before I ask questions,
> please don't ask me what the manual says. I've already looked at it
> and it doesn't answer my questions.
>
> I think most of my questions might be solved if I can buy a TPMS reset
> tool but can anyone educate me on what are Sensor IDs and how do you
> read them? Do you have to take the tire off to do this or is there
> another way? Is the TPMS reset tool different than a OBDII scanner?
> Is there a TPMS reset tool that can automatically input the Sensor ID
> values without me doing this manually? There are just the beginning
> questions I have on this stuff. Feel free to answer other questions
> related to this as I want try to get educated before I have the
> problems. I suppose I can ask the dealership but some questions they
> may not want to answer like reset tools since it would affect their
> bottom line. I've never had a TPMS vehicle so when educating me,
> assume I'm a beginner. And any good links on this subject? I've got
> a couple URLs for some Honda Forums but they still leave me with some
> questions tho I'm still looking for more URLs. Thanks.

i could tell you. but you don't like it when i confront you with the
fact that you're a childish attention-seeking freeloading idiot who
can't wipe his own ass or do an effective google search, who clearly
will never be able to contribute anything of any interest or importance,
and who wants experts to donate their hard-earned [and expensive]
knowledge simply for their own childish attention-seeking asinine
entertainment...

Old January 12th 10, 04:22 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

On 01/11/2010 03:42 PM, Tegger wrote:
> > wrote in :
>

>> > wrote in message
>> news
>>> Having purchased a 2010 CR-V, I was reading up on tires (or the
>>> changing of tires) and came upon the TPMS problems which led to VSA,
>>> Sensor IDs and reset tools for TPMS. It seems the more I read about
>>> this stuff, the more questions I develop. Before I ask questions,
>>> please don't ask me what the manual says. I've already looked at it
>>> and it doesn't answer my questions.
>>>
>>> I think most of my questions might be solved if I can buy a TPMS reset
>>> tool but can anyone educate me on what are Sensor IDs and how do you
>>> read them? Do you have to take the tire off to do this or is there
>>> another way? Is the TPMS reset tool different than a OBDII scanner?
>>> Is there a TPMS reset tool that can automatically input the Sensor ID
>>> values without me doing this manually? There are just the beginning
>>> questions I have on this stuff. Feel free to answer other questions
>>> related to this as I want try to get educated before I have the
>>> problems. I suppose I can ask the dealership but some questions they
>>> may not want to answer like reset tools since it would affect their
>>> bottom line. I've never had a TPMS vehicle so when educating me,
>>> assume I'm a beginner. And any good links on this subject? I've got
>>> a couple URLs for some Honda Forums but they still leave me with some
>>> questions tho I'm still looking for more URLs. Thanks.

>> Sorry Guy, but what's a TPMS? Uh, and VSA?
>>
>> Jon
>>

> Lets get the intimidating jargon out of the way.
>
> TPMS = Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
>
> VSA = Vehicle Stability Assist
>
> Both come to you at great cost courtesy of your federal NHTSA.

actually, they come courtesy of our friends at frod. when they were
about to be rumbled for their deliberate decision to kill people selling
a vehicle they knew to be unstable and whose passenger cell was
susceptible to collapse in the subsequently inevitable rollovers, they
[successfully] bull****ted [and bought] their way out of it by blaming
the vehicle's tires. [sic] tpms was pretty much the inevitable outcome
of the smokescreen and bull**** that they paid to emplace.

no vehicle should roll because of a flat. ever. that our
representatives allowed themselves to be bull****ted so successfully on
the preposterous notion that a mere flat tire can roll a vehicle and
kill it's occupants just beggars belief. but then again, look up who
has the patents on tpms, and it's not the japanese or koreans or
europeans, and you can see flag-waving enter the equation too.

Old January 12th 10, 04:47 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Guy[_2_]

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 20:21:09 -0800, jim beam > wrote:

>On 01/11/2010 06:48 AM, Guy wrote:
>> Having purchased a 2010 CR-V, I was reading up on tires (or the
>> changing of tires) and came upon the TPMS problems which led to VSA,
>> Sensor IDs and reset tools for TPMS. It seems the more I read about
>> this stuff, the more questions I develop. Before I ask questions,
>> please don't ask me what the manual says. I've already looked at it
>> and it doesn't answer my questions.
>>
>> I think most of my questions might be solved if I can buy a TPMS reset
>> tool but can anyone educate me on what are Sensor IDs and how do you
>> read them? Do you have to take the tire off to do this or is there
>> another way? Is the TPMS reset tool different than a OBDII scanner?
>> Is there a TPMS reset tool that can automatically input the Sensor ID
>> values without me doing this manually? There are just the beginning
>> questions I have on this stuff. Feel free to answer other questions
>> related to this as I want try to get educated before I have the
>> problems. I suppose I can ask the dealership but some questions they
>> may not want to answer like reset tools since it would affect their
>> bottom line. I've never had a TPMS vehicle so when educating me,
>> assume I'm a beginner. And any good links on this subject? I've got
>> a couple URLs for some Honda Forums but they still leave me with some
>> questions tho I'm still looking for more URLs. Thanks.

>i could tell you. but you don't like it when i confront you with the
>fact that you're a childish attention-seeking freeloading idiot who
>can't wipe his own ass or do an effective google search, who clearly
>will never be able to contribute anything of any interest or importance,
>and who wants experts to donate their hard-earned [and expensive]
>knowledge simply for their own childish attention-seeking asinine
>entertainment...

Don't bother yourself. I'd rather hear from someone who knows what
they are talking about.
Old January 12th 10, 05:14 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

On 01/11/2010 08:47 PM, Guy wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 20:21:09 -0800, jim > wrote:
>
>> On 01/11/2010 06:48 AM, Guy wrote:
>>> Having purchased a 2010 CR-V, I was reading up on tires (or the
>>> changing of tires) and came upon the TPMS problems which led to VSA,
>>> Sensor IDs and reset tools for TPMS. It seems the more I read about
>>> this stuff, the more questions I develop. Before I ask questions,
>>> please don't ask me what the manual says. I've already looked at it
>>> and it doesn't answer my questions.
>>>
>>> I think most of my questions might be solved if I can buy a TPMS reset
>>> tool but can anyone educate me on what are Sensor IDs and how do you
>>> read them? Do you have to take the tire off to do this or is there
>>> another way? Is the TPMS reset tool different than a OBDII scanner?
>>> Is there a TPMS reset tool that can automatically input the Sensor ID
>>> values without me doing this manually? There are just the beginning
>>> questions I have on this stuff. Feel free to answer other questions
>>> related to this as I want try to get educated before I have the
>>> problems. I suppose I can ask the dealership but some questions they
>>> may not want to answer like reset tools since it would affect their
>>> bottom line. I've never had a TPMS vehicle so when educating me,
>>> assume I'm a beginner. And any good links on this subject? I've got
>>> a couple URLs for some Honda Forums but they still leave me with some
>>> questions tho I'm still looking for more URLs. Thanks.

>> i could tell you. but you don't like it when i confront you with the
>> fact that you're a childish attention-seeking freeloading idiot who
>> can't wipe his own ass or do an effective google search, who clearly
>> will never be able to contribute anything of any interest or importance,
>> and who wants experts to donate their hard-earned [and expensive]
>> knowledge simply for their own childish attention-seeking asinine
>> entertainment...
>>

> Don't bother yourself. I'd rather hear from someone who knows what
> they are talking about.

are you going to hold your breath, you childish attention-seeking
freeloading dip****?

Old January 12th 10, 05:22 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Guy[_2_]

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 21:14:47 -0800, jim beam > wrote:

>On 01/11/2010 08:47 PM, Guy wrote:

>>> i could tell you. but you don't like it when i confront you with the
>>> fact that you're a childish attention-seeking freeloading idiot who
>>> can't wipe his own ass or do an effective google search, who clearly
>>> will never be able to contribute anything of any interest or importance,
>>> and who wants experts to donate their hard-earned [and expensive]
>>> knowledge simply for their own childish attention-seeking asinine
>>> entertainment...
>>>

>> Don't bother yourself. I'd rather hear from someone who knows what
>> they are talking about.

>are you going to hold your breath, you childish attention-seeking
>freeloading dip****?

Is that all you can think of? Keep it coming because I'm amused by
your vocabulary. LOL
Old January 12th 10, 05:31 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

On 01/11/2010 09:22 PM, Guy wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 21:14:47 -0800, jim > wrote:

>>> Don't bother yourself. I'd rather hear from someone who knows what
>>> they are talking about.

>> are you going to hold your breath, you childish attention-seeking
>> freeloading dip****?
>>

> Is that all you can think of? Keep it coming because I'm amused by
> your vocabulary. LOL

really? is that why you bounce so obligingly each time i kick your dumb
childish attention-seeking freeloading ass?
Old January 12th 10, 05:55 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Guy[_2_]

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 21:31:20 -0800, jim beam > wrote:

>On 01/11/2010 09:22 PM, Guy wrote:

>>> are you going to hold your breath, you childish attention-seeking
>>> freeloading dip****?
>>>

>> Is that all you can think of? Keep it coming because I'm amused by
>> your vocabulary. LOL

>really? is that why you bounce so obligingly each time i kick your dumb
>childish attention-seeking freeloading ass?

Really. I just love the attention you're giving me.

TPMS tools? bill Technology 5 November 1st 08 06:27 PM
TPMS Mystery Solved! alfred[_3_] Honda 9 February 2nd 08 11:41 AM
TPMS Continued alfred[_3_] Honda 6 January 31st 08 02:37 PM
Location of TPMS Antenna utahbuck Corvette 1 December 16th 06 12:27 AM
TPMS tire inflation sensor triggering and diagnostics tool cszasz Technology 1 January 31st 06 02:39 AM