BASE GTR vs ZR1 at the top gear track

Old December 27th 09, 03:52 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan
Sal

Default BASE GTR vs ZR1 at the top gear track

What a shock, the ZR1 got its butt kicked again, and not even by the
Spec-V, Spec Nur, or Spec Nismo, but by the BASE model. ZR1 is
overpriced garbage.

The laps are at the end of the videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUAwj3mcDCU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71FfD...eature=related
Old December 28th 09, 01:42 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan
[email protected][_2_]

Who wins in this one ? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlGMX8G3B4&feature=fvw
Old December 28th 09, 03:40 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan
Sal

On Dec 27, 8:42*pm, " > wrote:
> On Dec 27, 9:52*am, Sal > wrote:
>
> > What a shock, the ZR1 got its butt kicked again, and not even by the
> > Spec-V, Spec Nur, or Spec Nismo, but by the BASE model. ZR1 is
> > overpriced garbage.

> > The laps are at the end of the videos.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUAwj3mcDCU

> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71FfD...eature=related

> Who wins in this one ? * : *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlGMX8G3B4&feature=fvw

This is a RIGGED test the ZR1 has lost in all other tests in all other
magazines in the 1/4 mile to the GTR Spec-V and the Ferrari 599. The
599 has also consistently destroyed the ZR1 in top speed tests.

It's the BASE GTR in your stupid video anyway(why not the Spec Nismo
or Spec Nur?) the GTR Spec V beats the ZR1 in all 1/4 mile tests in
Edmunds, Car and Driver, etc. The Ferrarri 599 also beats the ZR1 in
the 1/4 mile and in TOP SPEED in all magazines where they were tested.
Car and Driver got an 11.5 1/4 mile and a 3.4 0-60 for the ZR1 and a
1.07g rating on the skidpad.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...esults-feature

In Edmunds test the ZR1 got an 11.5 second 1/4 mile, and on Car and
Driver's test, the ZR1 ALSO got an 11.5 second 1/4 mile. The GTR spec
V got a 3.2 second 0-60 and an 11.4 second 1/4 mile in Edmund's test
and 11.3 in Road and Track's test.
Whenever you compare the times from the SAME MAGAZINE, the Spec V
ALWAYS beats the ZR1 in the 1/4 mile on the skidpad, and in 0-60. GT
channel got an 11.0 SECOND FLAT 1/4 mile time.
Show me ONE single magazine or or Video Magazine that has an 11.0
second 1/4 mile time for the ZR1.
The ZR1 is HUGELY OUTCLASSED.
Look at 6:17 in the GT channel's test.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROJUsRI4d4c

rollout like they do at dragstrips.
http://www.insideline.com/nissan/gt-...ull-test..html

SPEC V OWNS ZR1 PERIOD.
Old December 28th 09, 04:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan
Dad[_1_]

"Sal" > wrote in message

How's your bike doing Sal, did mom let you out of the yard with it
yet?

Old December 28th 09, 08:51 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan
Bob I[_2_]

Dad wrote:

> "Sal" > wrote in message
>
> How's your bike doing Sal, did mom let you out of the yard with it yet?

Not until the training wheels are tightened up and his big sister is
there to watch him.
Old December 29th 09, 01:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan
[email protected][_2_]

On Dec 28, 9:40*am, Sal > wrote:
> On Dec 27, 8:42*pm, " > wrote:
>
> > On Dec 27, 9:52*am, Sal > wrote:

> > > What a shock, the ZR1 got its butt kicked again, and not even by the
> > > Spec-V, Spec Nur, or Spec Nismo, but by the BASE model. ZR1 is
> > > overpriced garbage.

> > > The laps are at the end of the videos.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUAwj3mcDCU

> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71FfD...eature=related

> > Who wins in this one ? * : *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlGMX8G3B4&feature=fvw

> This is a RIGGED test the ZR1 has lost in all other tests in all other
> magazines in the 1/4 mile to the GTR Spec-V and the Ferrari 599. The
> 599 has also consistently destroyed the ZR1 in top speed tests.
>
> It's the BASE GTR in your stupid video anyway(why not the Spec Nismo
> or Spec Nur?) the GTR Spec V beats the ZR1 in all 1/4 mile tests in
> Edmunds, Car and Driver, etc. The Ferrarri 599 also beats the ZR1 in
> the 1/4 mile and in TOP SPEED in all magazines where they were tested.
> Car and Driver got an 11.5 1/4 mile and a 3.4 0-60 for the ZR1 and a
> 1.07g rating on the skidpad.
>
> http://www.caranddriver.com/features...t_corvette_zr1...
>
> In Edmunds test the ZR1 got an 11.5 second 1/4 mile, and on Car and
> Driver's test, the ZR1 ALSO got an 11.5 second 1/4 mile. The GTR spec
> V got a 3.2 second 0-60 and an 11.4 second 1/4 mile in Edmund's test
> and 11.3 in Road and Track's test.
> Whenever you compare the times from the SAME MAGAZINE, the Spec V
> ALWAYS beats the ZR1 in the 1/4 mile on the skidpad, and in 0-60. GT
> channel got an 11.0 SECOND FLAT 1/4 mile time.
> Show me ONE single magazine or or Video Magazine that has an 11.0
> second 1/4 mile time for the ZR1.
> The ZR1 is HUGELY OUTCLASSED.
> Look at 6:17 in the GT channel's test.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROJUsRI4d4c
>
> rollout like they do at dragstrips.http://www.insideline.com/nissan/gt-...gt-r-specv-ful...
>
> SPEC V OWNS ZR1 PERIOD.

Whats .3 seconds amongst Friends ?! Can you tell us about the two
cars regarding ALL AROUND performance including handling, cornering,
braking , comfort, bling ....and which car the general public would
want to own ?
Old December 29th 09, 07:28 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan
Clams Canino

" > wrote in message

Whats .3 seconds amongst Friends ?! Can you tell us about the two
cars regarding ALL AROUND performance including handling, cornering,
braking , comfort, bling ....and which car the general public would
want to own ?
___________________________________

Biggest problem with the SPEC V ; is that it doesn't say C_O_R_V_E_T_T_E
anywhere on the car. :P

-W

Old December 29th 09, 08:50 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan
CardsFan

"Clams Canino" > wrote in message
m...

> " > wrote in message
>
> Whats .3 seconds amongst Friends ?! Can you tell us about the two
> cars regarding ALL AROUND performance including handling, cornering,
> braking , comfort, bling ....and which car the general public would
> want to own ?
> ___________________________________
>
> Biggest problem with the SPEC V ; is that it doesn't say C_O_R_V_E_T_T_E
> anywhere on the car. :P

Styling is a subjective thing, but I'll bet 9 out of 10 would say the 'Vette
is the more attractive.

AJM
'93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old December 31st 09, 12:09 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan
[email protected][_2_]

On Dec 29, 2:50*pm, "CardsFan" > wrote:
> "Clams Canino" > wrote in message
>
> m...
>

> > " > wrote in message

> > Whats .3 seconds amongst Friends ?! * *Can you tell us about the two
> > cars regarding ALL AROUND performance including handling, cornering,
> > braking , comfort, bling ....and which car the general public would
> > want to own *?

> > Biggest problem with the SPEC V ; is that it doesn't say C_O_R_V_E_T_T_E
> > anywhere on the car. * *:P

> Styling is a subjective thing, but I'll bet 9 out of 10 would say the 'Vette
> is the more attractive.
>
> AJM
> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

I have a feeling you are absolutely correct.