corvette in Rush Hour 1 and 3

Old August 13th 07, 02:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
robert

Default corvette in Rush Hour 1 and 3

I just saw Rush Hour 3 and I think they had the same Corvette used in
a previous Rush Hour movie (1 I think).

Anyway, does anyone know what model year Corvette is used in the
movie? And for that generation Corvette, what is the most often
recommended model year?
Old August 13th 07, 08:43 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
dave

If its that black corvette the guy drives, it looks to be an early C3 ;
(1968,69,70,or 71 would be my guess but id have to see the back of it to
narrow it down). As to which is the 'most popular' in the C3
generation...that title would have to go to the chrome bumper Corvettes
which were 1968 to 1972 (plus 1973 having only a rear chrome bumper
with rubber front bumper) ; the most desired C3's today are the Big
Blocks in the above years in addition to the high-winding small block
LT-1 of 1970 . The last real high performance engine for the C3
generation was the Big Block LS6 found in 1971 ; after that, the engines
got detuned/lower compression'd drastically to meet Federal Guidelines .
It wasnt until the mid-1980's (C4) that good performance was on the
rebound for the Corvette.

Hope that helps.

Old August 13th 07, 10:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

<robert> wrote in message
>I just saw Rush Hour 3 and I think they had the same Corvette used in
> a previous Rush Hour movie (1 I think).
>
> Anyway, does anyone know what model year Corvette is used in the
> movie? And for that generation Corvette, what is the most often
> recommended model year?

1972 *******ized with black paint and fugly wire wheels. Motor bling
to make it go faster that is hitched up to an automatic. Not a well
done car as was the movie from what I hear but followed in the money
making footsteps of the first 2. Was up for sale on eBay with it's
major selling point being the signatures of who ever it was in the
movie.

You paid to go see the movie??

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old August 13th 07, 11:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX

Damn Dad go easy...

LOL

--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old August 14th 07, 02:26 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"ZÿRiX" > wrote in message
> Damn Dad go easy...
>
> LOL
> --
> ZÿRiX

Hey, take a look at that engine compartment and tell me it's a $50,000
car.
http://www.tiny.cc/AOfHJ
I was being easy, so don't **** me off............. ;-))

Old August 14th 07, 12:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .

> "ZÿRiX" > wrote in message
>> Damn Dad go easy...
>>
>> LOL
>> --
>> ZÿRiX

> Hey, take a look at that engine compartment and tell me it's a $50,000
> car.
> http://www.tiny.cc/AOfHJ
> I was being easy, so don't **** me off............. ;-))

I have to agree thats pretty sick but when I first opened the page there was
a 66 vert at the top
that was very nice and clean...

--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old August 14th 07, 03:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

You have to remember there are a few groups when it comes to Corvettes:
1. Purists - die hard NCRS everything as factory types.
2. I don't know what to call them - People who basically think the Corvette
is hard to improve on, so it is mostly stock, if not original, however,
things like wheels, or having an NOM that is dressed up to look stock, are
still a good thing.
3. Customizers - Corvette is the canvas and from there they design. Some
good, some bad, some Corvette Summer.
4. Hot rodders - It isn't so much looks as speed, power, and performance.
5. Non-Corvette people - They know that Corvettes are special but have no
reason why themselves; that they are worth a lot of money so the one they
own must be, too; that for every dollar you spend on one, it will bring back
at least a $1.05 and hopefully $2. They have no concept that modifications
can actually lower the market value. They are easily distracted by shiny
objects or fancy names. (They probably watched every minute of the Paris
jail saga.) They have no concept of the work in a restoration or that an
unrestored non-stock driver is any different than a body off full
restoration. This is by far the biggest group.

So group 5 has a car like this, and loves it. It is a movie car, so it is
forever going to increase. :-( Adding some junk will increase it more, like
a little flash and chrome. Some of them wouldn't be objectionable to those
rotating wheel covers even.

To show the power of a movie, try this link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=010

Or just search Item 200126643267 on eBay if the link is broken.

A rough rusted, bondoed, repainted '77 Camaro should be a tenth of this
price or less. But it is a current movie car. Five or ten years from now,
it might easily be much, much cheaper, but right now, Group 5 is at work.

.. .

Old August 14th 07, 04:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Tom in Missouri" > wrote in message
If all that were true Tom, would it not have gone higher than the
$18,000, which it may be worth? I accept what it is but not many '72s
are breaking the $20,000 mark and if the do they are exceptional in
some manner. There is no problem with how an owner wants his Corvette
but I tend to draw the line when it shows that much rust, even under
the hood. It is after all a prop, made to look good in pictures and
must withstand the time for value on a picture that drew zip for
reviews. Got a reason why eBay pulled it?

As far as to why people buy them.......

6. They just like the car and could care less if it says Corvette on
it.

7. They bought it because their dad/mom/wife had/wanted one.

8. They liked the color, shame on you for forgetting one of the buying
mentalities so near and dear to us.

9. Their neighbor has a smaller one.

10. Last but not least, they bought the damn thing to drive.

The Camaro you use as an example is a charity auction and nothing
more, look at the shipping cost. Did you take a look at what the
supposed buyer has been buying?

--
Dad - a different reason for each one..
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old August 14th 07, 05:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ[_4_]

Dad wrote:

> "Tom in Missouri" > wrote in message
> If all that were true Tom, would it not have gone higher than the
> $18,000, which it may be worth? I accept what it is but not many '72s
> are breaking the $20,000 mark and if the do they are exceptional in some
> manner. There is no problem with how an owner wants his Corvette but I
> tend to draw the line when it shows that much rust, even under the hood.
> It is after all a prop, made to look good in pictures and must withstand
> the time for value on a picture that drew zip for reviews. Got a reason
> why eBay pulled it?
>
> As far as to why people buy them.......
>
> 6. They just like the car and could care less if it says Corvette on it.
>
> 7. They bought it because their dad/mom/wife had/wanted one.
>
> 8. They liked the color, shame on you for forgetting one of the buying
> mentalities so near and dear to us.
>
> 9. Their neighbor has a smaller one.
>
> 10. Last but not least, they bought the damn thing to drive.
>
> The Camaro you use as an example is a charity auction and nothing more,
> look at the shipping cost. Did you take a look at what the supposed
> buyer has been buying?

Ah, but you overlooked:

(let's wedge this in as number 8.5)

8.5. Looking for something unusual or gaudy
for donation or bequest to the Imperial
Palace car museum in Las Vegas. Cheapest way
to put their name on a plaque in Sin City.

--
pj
Old August 14th 07, 10:03 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"PJ" > wrote in message
> Dad wrote:

snip
>> 10. Last but not least, they bought the damn thing to drive.
>>
>> The Camaro you use as an example is a charity auction and nothing
>> more, look at the shipping cost. Did you take a look at what the
>> supposed buyer has been buying?
>>

> Ah, but you overlooked:
>
> (let's wedge this in as number 8.5)
>
> 8.5. Looking for something unusual or gaudy for donation or bequest
> to the Imperial Palace car museum in Las Vegas. Cheapest way to put
> their name on a plaque in Sin City.
> --
> pj

Gotta give you that, forgot about ego and tax deductions.