Consumer Advocacy Organization Takes Aim at Auto Repair Shop Rip-offs. Please Help!

Old December 19th 03, 04:56 PM
Kenneth Brotman

Default Consumer Advocacy Organization Takes Aim at Auto Repair Shop Rip-offs. Please Help!

We're all finding it increasingly difficult to find a quality auto repair
shop. Think of how often you have had a problem with an auto repair shop.

I spent fourteen years trying to clean up the auto repair industry from the
inside. I even owned a big auto repair shop for three and a half years. I
know exactly what's going on in the industry. Nobody can BS me about it.

Many shops are using misleading advertising, poor quality parts and
unskilled personnel. Shops routinely misdiagnose problems, charging
consumers for unnecessary work.

The shops that try to do things right struggle to compete in a marketplace
that is out of control, unstructured and largely unpoliced.

Auto repair is a perennial top five most complained about category and the
problems are not improving. Women and the elderly are especially
vulnerable. There needs to be a rallying point for consumers who have had
enough.

That's why I founded the Board of Consumer Advocacy.

We have counselors available for members to:

discuss a problem you may have with a shop,

discuss whether recommendations made by a shop are appropriate,
and

discuss whether estimates made by a shop are reasonable.

That will help protect us until things change. To force change, we'll have
to join together.

We have launched a website at www.automotiveservice.org where you can get
more information about the organization and how you can help. Together we
can improve the quality of service at our neighborhood garages and reduce
the fraud that victimizes so many of our friends and family.

Thank you!

--
Kenneth Brotman,
Board of Consumer Advocacy

Helping to improve the quality of service and reduce fraud at auto repair
facilities.

To reply, remove the NOSPAM at the end of the email address provided.

Old January 6th 04, 07:21 PM
misterfact

BUY AN ELECTRIC CAR! No fuel injectors, no carburator, no oil leaks,
no stinking gasoline, no tune-ups, no stinking damn Saudi Royal Family
which creates terrorists......etc.

I want to hear from satisfied electric car owners. (I understand that
the DO exist)I want to hear about your car, your photovoltaic charging
system, your wind generator charging system, you exercise machine
charging system, your propane heater system in the car, etc.- for
massive internet posting.

Old January 6th 04, 07:21 PM
misterfact