towing maximum for F150 lariat

Old March 8th 12, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
surface9

Default towing maximum for F150 lariat

I am thinking of buying a 2007 F150 Larriat, but, the current one-
owner doesn't have the original brochure and doesn't know what the
towing max is for that vehicle. How can I find out? This vehicle
was $45,000 new, and is in very good shape with only 40k miles.

I need to know what the max tow weight is because I'll be looking for
a travel trailer to pull behind it, and, I need to know my limits.

Old March 8th 12, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
surface9

On Mar 8, 2:32*pm, surface9 > wrote:
> I am thinking of buying a 2007 F150 Larriat, but, the current one-
> owner doesn't have the original brochure and doesn't know what the
> towing max is for that vehicle. *How can I find out? * This vehicle
> was $45,000 new, and is in very good shape with only 40k miles.
>
> I need to know what the max tow weight is because I'll be looking for
> a travel trailer to pull behind it, and, I need to know my limits.

Oops, I submitted to the wrong forum - disregard.
Old March 8th 12, 10:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

In article
surface9 > wrote:

> I am thinking of buying a 2007 F150 Larriat, but, the current one-
> owner doesn't have the original brochure and doesn't know what the
> towing max is for that vehicle. How can I find out? This vehicle
> was $45,000 new, and is in very good shape with only 40k miles.
>
> I need to know what the max tow weight is because I'll be looking for
> a travel trailer to pull behind it, and, I need to know my limits.

As I am sort of looking for a pickup, you got my curiosity going.
Towing capacity seems to be 10,500 lbs.
<http://www.ford-trucks.com/specs/2007/2007_ford_f150.html>

10,500 pounds "when properly equipped". Whatever that means. /grin

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.
Old March 9th 12, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
David

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 12:32:42 -0800, surface9 wrote:

> I am thinking of buying a 2007 F150 Larriat, but, the current one- owner
> doesn't have the original brochure and doesn't know what the towing max
> is for that vehicle. How can I find out? This vehicle was $45,000
> new, and is in very good shape with only 40k miles.
>
> I need to know what the max tow weight is because I'll be looking for a
> travel trailer to pull behind it, and, I need to know my limits.

Go to Ford's website, you can download an owner's manual.
Old March 9th 12, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 3/8/2012 15:52, twk wrote:
> In article
> >,
> > wrote:
>
>> I am thinking of buying a 2007 F150 Larriat, but, the current one-
>> owner doesn't have the original brochure and doesn't know what the
>> towing max is for that vehicle. How can I find out? This vehicle
>> was $45,000 new, and is in very good shape with only 40k miles.
>>
>> I need to know what the max tow weight is because I'll be looking for
>> a travel trailer to pull behind it, and, I need to know my limits.

> As I am sort of looking for a pickup, you got my curiosity going.
> Towing capacity seems to be 10,500 lbs.
> <http://www.ford-trucks.com/specs/2007/2007_ford_f150.html>
>
> 10,500 pounds "when properly equipped". Whatever that means. /grin

Meaning depended on equipment. My Titan had a certain tow rating,
more with a towing package. I miss it already...
Old March 15th 12, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake David > :

>On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 12:32:42 -0800, surface9 wrote:
>
>> I am thinking of buying a 2007 F150 Larriat, but, the current one- owner
>> doesn't have the original brochure and doesn't know what the towing max
>> is for that vehicle. How can I find out? This vehicle was $45,000
>> new, and is in very good shape with only 40k miles.
>>
>> I need to know what the max tow weight is because I'll be looking for a
>> travel trailer to pull behind it, and, I need to know my limits.

>Go to Ford's website, you can download an owner's manual.

Which is far more useful than a "man, this is THE truck for you"
brochure. The brochure will give you a max towing weight, with a
little * that says "depending on option and other factors"
--

- dillon I am not invalid

So Kim Jung Ill shows up at the barbecue. "Wait,"
says Qadaffi, "you don't have any peircings." "If you
starve your people enough they'll be too weak to rebbel."
"You have the same number of holes in your head as when
you were born," says bin Laden. "My compound had radar
and antiacraft misslles." "Your neck," shouted Hussein,
"it's the same length." "I didn't **** on W's father."
"Then what happened?" the three asked. "Damned counterfiet
Lipitor and insulin!"

Maximum minimum DemoDisk Old Timers Photos 3 January 3rd 10 07:12 AM
Finland. Limo towing trailer - limousine towing a trailer.jpg Stas Auto Photos 3 May 18th 08 12:10 AM
latches at maximum... what else? Joaquín Topiso Mazda 9 November 26th 07 02:10 PM
Maximum Tire Size.... Hank Jeep 12 December 10th 05 08:26 PM
Maximum Care - Coverage [email protected] Chrysler 1 January 15th 05 05:57 PM