Mazda Mazda6 Replacing the low beam headlight

Old December 6th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Mazda Mazda6 Replacing the low beam headlight

Does anyone know how to change the head light on a Mazda 6. I
attempted to figure it out on my own, but couldn't do it. For the most
part it looks like a sealed assembly from the front. My hunch is I
need to go in from the back, but can't find how to release the assembly
to get room to manuever or if there is even a way to do it from the
back.

If anyone knows the process and cares to share I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Old December 8th 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> Does anyone know how to change the head light on a Mazda 6. I
> attempted to figure it out on my own, but couldn't do it. For the most
> part it looks like a sealed assembly from the front. My hunch is I
> need to go in from the back, but can't find how to release the assembly
> to get room to manuever or if there is even a way to do it from the
> back.
>
> If anyone knows the process and cares to share I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks

Okay, so a little more work and I figured it out. The owners manual
says take it to the dealership to change, and that might be good advise
for some. I was minutes away myself when someone gave me a tip. So to
change the light bulbs on the headlights:

Open the hood, directly behind the light you want to change at the back
of the Headlight assembly are caps to each bulb. I removed the cap and
pulled it out, I then looked inskde the hole and I could see a tension
latch, I released that and then was able to wiggle the bulb out. From
there I did the replacement.

Overall this was not easy, my hand hardly fit. So you have no room to
manuver. I basically could only get 2 fingers on the bulb to wiggle it
back into place.

Hope this helps someone.