yankees cause globel warming

Old May 8th 05, 06:02 AM

Default yankees cause globel warming

foctards
bout time ya turned to diesel
less emmissions

lmfao

u go girl

hurc ast
Old May 8th 05, 06:40 AM
Quiet Desperation

Hey, some day scientists of the future will realize we were the only
thing holding back the next ice age.
Old May 8th 05, 07:09 AM
Jim Warman

Don't worry about the NG parrot.... he stumbled upon a new "pet subject".

Old May 8th 05, 05:28 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

Quiet Desperation wrote:
> Hey, some day scientists of the future will realize we were the only
> thing holding back the next ice age.

I find it funny that the people who cry over climate change fail to
inform us that it is just this that has allowed for the wide diversity
of life on the planet. They seem to promote no change is a good thing.
What's next? Maybe continental drift is our fault! Personally, I
think the carbon cycle will eventually absorb any excess carbon we
manage to dig up and expel into the atmosphere. What changes the
planet's long term temperature trends more than anything is the earth's
eliptical orbital pattern around the sun and the wobble in its
rotational axis. Even the effect of a huge volcanic eruption or massive
meteor hit would be short in comparison.

If we disrupt the planet too much then Mother Nature will take us out
and life will go on like it has for eons. We will be a microscopic blip
in the planet's time line. She has overcome much larger problems than
us. It amazes my how much importance we humans put upon ourselves.
Considering all the species that have come before us that have gone
extinct, for us to think we are any different is ignoring the obvious.
IMO, our extinction is not a matter of if, but when, just like it is for
every other living creature on the planet.

Sorry for the rant but I do feel better now.
Old May 8th 05, 09:12 PM
Spike

That's not what the preacher says..... LOL : )

On Sun, 08 May 2005 12:28:27 -0400, "Michael Johnson, PE"
> wrote:

>Quiet Desperation wrote:
>> Hey, some day scientists of the future will realize we were the only
>> thing holding back the next ice age.

>I find it funny that the people who cry over climate change fail to
>inform us that it is just this that has allowed for the wide diversity
>of life on the planet. They seem to promote no change is a good thing.
> What's next? Maybe continental drift is our fault! Personally, I
>think the carbon cycle will eventually absorb any excess carbon we
>manage to dig up and expel into the atmosphere. What changes the
>planet's long term temperature trends more than anything is the earth's
>eliptical orbital pattern around the sun and the wobble in its
>rotational axis. Even the effect of a huge volcanic eruption or massive
>meteor hit would be short in comparison.
>
>If we disrupt the planet too much then Mother Nature will take us out
>and life will go on like it has for eons. We will be a microscopic blip
>in the planet's time line. She has overcome much larger problems than
>us. It amazes my how much importance we humans put upon ourselves.
>Considering all the species that have come before us that have gone
>extinct, for us to think we are any different is ignoring the obvious.
>IMO, our extinction is not a matter of if, but when, just like it is for
>every other living creature on the planet.
>
>Sorry for the rant but I do feel better now.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old May 8th 05, 11:04 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

For me, what I said and my belief in God are not mutually exclusive.
IMO, too many people try to make the world fit the Bible and not the
Bible fit the world. They also ignore the fact that man has reworked
the original document many times to insert/change portions to suit their
needs.

Old May 9th 05, 01:52 AM
Spike

Did you catch that I was spoofing? Like many ideals, if the two sides
could see that one thing does not necessarily mean that the other is
not acceptable, this would be a much better world.

On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:04:03 -0400, "Michael Johnson, PE"

Old May 9th 05, 03:39 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

Yes, I did. I just couldn't resist one last mini-rant.

Old May 9th 05, 04:56 AM
Wound Up

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
> Quiet Desperation wrote:
>> Hey, some day scientists of the future will realize we were the only
>> thing holding back the next ice age.

> I find it funny that the people who cry over climate change fail to inform
> us that it is just this that has allowed for the wide diversity of life on
> the planet. They seem to promote no change is a good thing. What's next?
> Maybe continental drift is our fault! Personally, I think the carbon
> cycle will eventually absorb any excess carbon we manage to dig up and
> expel into the atmosphere. What changes the planet's long term
> temperature trends more than anything is the earth's eliptical orbital
> pattern around the sun and the wobble in its rotational axis. Even the
> effect of a huge volcanic eruption or massive meteor hit would be short in
> comparison.

So what's new? Nothing under the sun.

> If we disrupt the planet too much then Mother Nature will take us out and
> life will go on like it has for eons. We will be a microscopic blip in
> the planet's time line. She has overcome much larger problems than us.
> It amazes my how much importance we humans put upon ourselves.

Undoubtedly we all miss this point. 100 years, maybe 120 if you're one in a
billion, and what's that mean? Nothing. Multiply 70 or so largely
destructive years x 6+ billion, and you get a mess. But in the grand
scheme, it's nothing. What are you saying, that we're self-destructively
egocentric? Not exactly a novel thesis.

Self-awareness has never meant that we are at all self-aware. And I don't
even put my credentials into my posts.

> Considering all the species that have come before us that have gone
> extinct, for us to think we are any different is ignoring the obvious.
> IMO, our extinction is not a matter of if, but when, just like it is for
> every other living creature on the planet.

And that's quite an obvious observation, Mr. Sir, PE.

> Sorry for the rant but I do feel better now.

I'm ever so glad you do. And thank you for that textbook contribution.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65