New Mustang -> new Camaro

Old November 15th 04, 04:01 PM
Grumbler

Default New Mustang -> new Camaro

Given the huge demand/low supply of the new
2005 Mustangs, one can only surmise that GM
will seriously consider resurrecting the defunct
Camaro based on the '69 model as that's the
most desirable one AFAIK.

FWIW, have always loved the 67-73 Camaros,
with mixed feelings about the 74-81 versions as
I once owned a '79 Z/28 w/ only 175bhp stock
even after removing those garish decals. ;^)

-=G

Old November 15th 04, 06:36 PM
MadDAWG

"Grumbler" > wrote in message
> Given the huge demand/low supply of the new
> 2005 Mustangs, one can only surmise that GM
> will seriously consider resurrecting the defunct
> Camaro based on the '69 model as that's the
> most desirable one AFAIK.
>
> FWIW, have always loved the 67-73 Camaros,
> with mixed feelings about the 74-81 versions as
> I once owned a '79 Z/28 w/ only 175bhp stock
> even after removing those garish decals. ;^)

I don't care for the 69 or older and the 74 plus, but a 70-1/2 split bumper
could have a spot in my garage anytime.

MadDAWG

Old November 15th 04, 10:39 PM
wabbitslayer

> I once owned a '79 Z/28 w/ only 175bhp stock
> even after removing those garish decals. ;^)

Well, that's your problem right there!
The decals added 55-60 hp at the wheels; a flaming chicken on the hood added
over 90hp.
Good Lord, what could one have done with a 4" exhaust tip???

Wabbitslayer
01 GT vert

Old November 15th 04, 11:19 PM
Grumbler

"wabbitslayer" > wrote:
> a flaming chicken on the hood added
> over 90hp.

Heh. I once barely edged out a '78 455 T/A
with, of all things, a '66 Ford Econoline Van
from 60mph to 80mph. T/A owner was a
co-worker of mine.

That van originally had the 240-6, and I r/r
it with a '65 289 bored to 292 with shaved
heads, Crane Fireball, 650cfm Holley with
vacuum secondaries, Cobra headers, and
Mallory dual point, yadda-yadda.

Had to get an aluminum bell housing adapter
for the '65 motor as the oem '66 3-spd trans
had different bolt pattern. Z'ed the x-member
so motor would align with trans.

Was a real sleeper. Only got 10mpg, and had
heating issues as motor was too far back from
radiator despite longer fan shaft. Weighted in
at 3280 lbs IIRC.

-=G

Old November 15th 04, 11:23 PM
nospam

The last 455 T/A was made in '76.

Old November 16th 04, 04:01 AM
Grumbler

"nospam" > wrote:
> The last 455 T/A was made in '76.

Thought it was a '78, and it did have 455 on
the hood scoop.

-=G

Old November 16th 04, 11:10 AM
Đavīd

Grumbler wrote...
> Given the huge demand/low supply of the new
> 2005 Mustangs, one can only surmise that GM
> will seriously consider resurrecting the defunct
> Camaro based on the '69 model as that's the
> most desirable one AFAIK.

Picture of the 2007 Chevrolet Camaro...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...50_42_full.jpg Davīd Greenville, NC

Old November 16th 04, 11:33 PM
RichA

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 06:10:59 -0500, "Đavīd" > wrote:

>Grumbler wrote...
>> Given the huge demand/low supply of the new
>> 2005 Mustangs, one can only surmise that GM
>> will seriously consider resurrecting the defunct
>> Camaro based on the '69 model as that's the
>> most desirable one AFAIK.

>Picture of the 2007 Chevrolet Camaro...
> http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...50_42_full.jpg Davīd Greenville, NC

Looks like someone half-melted a Malibu.
-Rich
Old November 18th 04, 01:59 AM
Patrick

RichA > wrote in message >. ..

> >Picture of the 2007 Chevrolet Camaro...
> > http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...50_42_full.jpg Davīd Greenville, NC

> Looks like someone half-melted a Malibu.

Rich,

I'm not sure what it looks like, but it doesn't look pretty that's for
sure. GM will have to come up with something better than this if they
think they're going to challenge the Mustang.

Patrick
'93 Cobra
'83 LTD
Old November 18th 04, 05:34 AM
p51d007

That has to be a misprint. I can't believe that GM would put the
Camero badge on something like that........but......look what they did
to the GTO.....so who knows