Two kinds of idiots

Old April 18th 05, 03:05 AM
RichA

Default Two kinds of idiots

The kind who will NEVER realize that merging on a highway
isn't like moving away from a traffic light and who think
40mph can mix with 60mph without problems.
The other kind seem to think it's "impressive" to do that
thing with their car alarm or door closer that makes the
thing squake, or chirp, or honk a few times.
You don't impress ANYONE with that.
-Rich
Old April 18th 05, 04:14 AM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:05:12 -0400, RichA > wrote:

>The kind who will NEVER realize that merging on a highway
>isn't like moving away from a traffic light and who think
>40mph can mix with 60mph without problems.
>The other kind seem to think it's "impressive" to do that
>thing with their car alarm or door closer that makes the
>thing squake, or chirp, or honk a few times.
>You don't impress ANYONE with that.
>-Rich

what about the idiots in mustangs?

hurc ast
Old April 18th 05, 11:48 AM
SVTKate

Yea, you may be right about the alarm thing BUT
It's cool as hell when some sticky fingered little brat is about to paw
print your stang and you hit the horn button and scare the **** out of him
Or they are fiddling with a shopping cart that's dangerously close to
dinging your car
Or when some dope is about to door ding you getting in or out of their car
and you wake them up with a quick tap on the button.

Hubs and I do it to each other sometimes as a joke... no is trying to
inpress anyone. But it makes both of us laugh when we make the other one
jump.
He gets me more often than I get him.

So my question Rich is:
Who did what to make you angry?

As far as those that go onto freeways slowly... I agree completely.
I've seen allot of near misses because of that.

Kate
"Beep-Beep!!"

Old April 18th 05, 04:38 PM
NoOne

Its really sad to see someone like you who aparently has no life
whatsoever and who's only thrill is to act like a juvinile dick online.
You obviouly cant contribute anything of substance here and probably
know just enough about cars to be dangerous.

I hate to feed the trolls like you, but do feel the need to point you in
the
direction of counseling or to simply to GET A LIFE. No one likes you
here, you probably have no friends, have small penis issues and your
only date is your right hand. As a general rule, people like you who only
make the same old tired stupid comments and try to ACT like they are
an "in the know" certified tech, dont have a clue and you most likely are
the wash boy at a used car lot.

Now go drive your Pacer around... keep playing on your mommie's PC
and dream of owning Mustang.

* I'm sure you will have some real witty come back, something like;

"lmfao....... bla...bla...bla"
( insert snappy 12 year )
( old comment here )
hurc ast
(Assistant Soap Tech)

Old April 18th 05, 05:57 PM
Brent P

In article >, RichA wrote:

> who think
> 40mph can mix with 60mph without problems.

On a limited access highway where lane discipline is practiced, a wide
speed variance is easy and safely delt with. Only in the USA is this a
problem, because lane discipline is practically non-existant in much of
the nation.

Lane discipline is why a 911 and 2CV can be on the autobahn at the same
time.

Old April 18th 05, 08:15 PM
Spike

It's true, what you say, and yet, at the same time, it is a HUGE
oversimplification.

The Autobahn has drivers everyday who risk heavy fines by not
complying with lane discipline, and there are plenty of MAJOR
accidents, and scores of citations which bear this out.

Second, you fail to take into account the broad spectrum of traffic
flow patterns; ranging from dense metro traffic to sparse rural
traffic. You fail to take into account that each requires a totally
different approach to driving. What works in the city does not work in
the country, and vice versa. You fail to take into account the
composition of the drivers; young, old, experience, new, etc.
And you fail to note that the Autobahn is not without speed limits
imposed as it approaches metropolitan zones. That 911 must slow down
and comply with everyone else.

Twenty years of law enforcement has shown me that there is a wide
range of reasons for accidents. Lane discipline is only one factor.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:57:39 -0500,
(Brent P) wrote:

>In article >, RichA wrote:
>
>> who think
>> 40mph can mix with 60mph without problems.

>On a limited access highway where lane discipline is practiced, a wide
>speed variance is easy and safely delt with. Only in the USA is this a
>problem, because lane discipline is practically non-existant in much of
>the nation.
>
>Lane discipline is why a 911 and 2CV can be on the autobahn at the same
>time.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old April 18th 05, 08:45 PM
Brent P

In article >, Spike wrote:
> It's true, what you say, and yet, at the same time, it is a HUGE
> oversimplification.

No, it's not. lane discipline is very simple.

> The Autobahn has drivers everyday who risk heavy fines by not
> complying with lane discipline, and there are plenty of MAJOR
> accidents, and scores of citations which bear this out.

The autobahn has a lower death rate than the US interstate. It's safer.
Yeah, the speed kills morons who prefer letting people who drive as well
as their dog out on the road will point to a spectactular crash for the
emotional reaction, much like you are doing, but the facts are the facts,
disciplined driving is safe driving.

I feel safer driving 100+mph on the autobahn than at any speed on a US
interstate. The predictability and discipline of drivers makes it a good
environment to drive, the speed is irrelevant.

> Second, you fail to take into account the broad spectrum of traffic
> flow patterns; ranging from dense metro traffic to sparse rural
> traffic.

You think Germany doesn't have such varied conditions? think again.

> You fail to take into account that each requires a totally
> different approach to driving.

As far as lane discipline, not at all. I do it in conditions people say
it's supposedly impossible in. I do so frequently. The reason they find
it impossible is because they don't want to try or just use it as a
crutch to defend their poor driving.

> What works in the city does not work in
> the country, and vice versa.

Bull****. Only in places like the USA where disciplined driving is
practically unheard of is this true. In fact, the mentality of the USA is
to force non-scalable techniques that worked ok in rural Kansas in 1932 to
all conditions in the 21st century. This one of the reasons we have so
much congestion, especially on surface streets.

People are actually being taught to wait 2-3 seconds _after_ the car in
front of them gets moving to start moving themselves. So not only is
there a slinky effect from people not paying attention, it's actually
being encouraged to be made WORSE. This concept works in a town with 5
cars in it, but when there are 10s of vehicles that have to get through
each cycle, it fails miserably, people don't make it through and one
light starts backing up into the next.

In Germany, there is even heavier traffic using a road laid out in the
17th century, but with better flow because people are disciplined about
their driving and when the light turns green they all go practically at
the same moment, with near zero slinky effect.

> You fail to take into account the
> composition of the drivers; young, old, experience, new, etc.

As if the rest of the world doesn't have that.

> And you fail to note that the Autobahn is not without speed limits
> imposed as it approaches metropolitan zones. That 911 must slow down
> and comply with everyone else.

Did I mention speed limits? No. Some of it does have speed limits, but
you better still keep your ass to the right if you're not passing. The
speed is irrelevant, that's the point. The safety comes from disciplined
driving, not people driving willy-nilly and trying to make them go slow
enough so they don't hit each other too hard.

> Twenty years of law enforcement has shown me that there is a wide
> range of reasons for accidents. Lane discipline is only one factor.

Let me guess from the above, like most cops on revenue patrol you prefer
(because of what you've been taught) that we have a bunch of morons
driving around, hitting each other a lot, and trying to control the
degree of damage with a hopeless (but profitable) effort to make them go
slower.

This hasn't worked, it won't work, it will never work. Speed enforcement
with no effort paid towards disciplined driving just doesn't help
anything but the coffers of government. You cannot have safe
roadways where people are allowed to cut each other off, practice no lane
discipline, are unable to merge, accelerate, turn or brake but speed is
enforced sort-a-kinda-late-at-night etc.

Old April 19th 05, 01:45 AM
Spike

You are welcome to believe what you will. It's not worth the effort to
discuss the subject with someone who is locked into a single position
wherein any other position is rejected without investigation. I hope
you can retain that holier than thou attitude when a tractor trailer
rig is eating your 100+ vehicle.

Old April 19th 05, 04:57 AM
Ralph Snart

"Brent P" > wrote in message
> In article >, RichA wrote:
>
>> who think
>> 40mph can mix with 60mph without problems.

> On a limited access highway where lane discipline is practiced, a wide
> speed variance is easy and safely delt with. Only in the USA is this a
> problem, because lane discipline is practically non-existant in much of
> the nation.
>
> Lane discipline is why a 911 and 2CV can be on the autobahn at the same
> time.

I have to agree. On I-25, the posted speed limit is 75, most people go
80-90, but there will ALWAYS be the assclown in the left lane going SLOWER
than the traffic, causing people to have to go into the right lane to pass
his/her sorry ass. These drivers are much greater hazards to the roads than
speeders or tailgaters. It's a pity that they can't be shot on sight.