THE Problem With 5.0 Mustangs

Old January 19th 05, 05:54 AM

Default THE Problem With 5.0 Mustangs

winnard wrote:
> I don't own one, but if I did I'd try to get them to sound better.

Rapping
> one out at 7000 rpm

You never heard one at seven because the rev limiter kicks in at 6,250.

If you're going to troll, at least come in informed. And don't
crosspost to the college football NG... those guys don't want to hear
about 5.0 Mustangs.

Better luck next time.

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old January 19th 05, 05:56 AM

Aftermarket mufflers will (obviously) produce a different sound. Check
http://www.MustangExhaust.com/ for some examples. Btw.. I didn't know Fox
Mustangs kept making power at 7,000 RPM..

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

"winnard" > wrote in message
> I don't own one, but if I did I'd try to get them to sound better.

Rapping
> one out at
> 7000 rpm makes them sound like farting into a big Folgers coffee can.

How

Old January 19th 05, 07:31 AM

Nooooo i'm troll bait!

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake
FRPP 3.73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
Hi-speed fan switch
255/60R-15 rear tires
Subframe connectors
Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

oups.com...

Old January 19th 05, 08:38 AM
Jim Warman

Quick... clear hsitory and turn off the 'puter... mummie's coming... What's
the matter... yer favourite porn site down???

Old January 19th 05, 09:03 AM
Bill Lang

Nevermind the facts, winnard, just give me the details!

> I don't own one, but if I did I'd try to get them to sound
> better. Rapping
> one out at
> 7000 rpm makes them sound like farting into a big Folgers coffee
> can. How can you make one sound as good as one of those Hemi
> dump trucks sound? Those sound really good for a Dodge.

The problem is that you're talking about some frenchified engine.
The Litre crap is a dead giveaway. That's why you get that fart
sound.

Real engines have numbers like 442 and 383. Good old fashioned
American square inches.

--
mutt

"By the unwinking red eye of Ra."
Old January 19th 05, 12:10 PM
WindsorFox[SS]

winnard wrote:

> I don't own one, but if I did I'd try to get them to sound better. Rapping
> one out at
> 7000 rpm makes them sound like farting into a big Folgers coffee can. How
> can you make one sound as good as one of those Hemi dump trucks sound?
> Those sound really good for a Dodge.
>

> winnard

How about I send your post to Cox abuse? I'm sure one of the
guys I know that read and post in the news groups will be glad to
issue a TOS notification on your account. THat will really make mommy
mad if you get her and daddy's ISP account turned off.

--
3) If it were My Mustang, I would have yanked
the stupid xxxxx out of her beater and beat in
Old January 19th 05, 12:28 PM
MoParMaN

"winnard" > wrote in message
> I don't own one, but if I did I'd try to get them to sound better.
> Rapping
> one out at
> 7000 rpm makes them sound like farting into a big Folgers coffee can.
> How
> can you make one sound as good as one of those Hemi dump trucks sound?
> Those sound really good for a Dodge.

Not everything can sound as good as a Hemi gettin on it.

--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

Old January 19th 05, 03:48 PM
Hairy

"Bill Lang" > wrote in message
> Nevermind the facts, winnard, just give me the details!
>
> > I don't own one, but if I did I'd try to get them to sound
> > better. Rapping
> > one out at
> > 7000 rpm makes them sound like farting into a big Folgers coffee
> > can. How can you make one sound as good as one of those Hemi
> > dump trucks sound? Those sound really good for a Dodge.
> >

> The problem is that you're talking about some frenchified engine.
> The Litre crap is a dead giveaway. That's why you get that fart
> sound.
>
> Real engines have numbers like 442 and 383. Good old fashioned
> American square inches.

Ummm.....try *cubic inches*;-)

Old January 19th 05, 04:38 PM
Trevor Zion Bauknight

In article >,
"Hairy" > wrote:

> > The problem is that you're talking about some frenchified engine.
> > The Litre crap is a dead giveaway. That's why you get that fart
> > sound.
> >
> > Real engines have numbers like 442 and 383. Good old fashioned
> > American square inches.
> >

> Ummm.....try *cubic inches*;-)

I fail to see how "cubic inches" is any less gay than "litres"...how
many pints?

--
Trev

"Every Democratic Senator is to the right of Kerry..including
Kucinich." - C. Beauchamp
Old January 19th 05, 05:40 PM
Hairy

"Trevor Zion Bauknight" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Hairy" > wrote:
>
> > > The problem is that you're talking about some frenchified engine.
> > > The Litre crap is a dead giveaway. That's why you get that fart
> > > sound.
> > >
> > > Real engines have numbers like 442 and 383. Good old fashioned
> > > American square inches.
> > >

> > Ummm.....try *cubic inches*;-)

> I fail to see ........

No surprise, there.