ECCI vs TSW pedals

Old December 10th 04, 12:55 AM
Brian Bowles

Default ECCI vs TSW pedals

I currently have a logitech momo wheel and pedals. It si the one with the
red base. As you are aware of the pedals are not real easy to use. I would
like to buy some pedals. I need some suggestions deciding between the TSW
pedals and the ECCI 6000 pedals. The TSW pedals cost less. Some suggested to
me that the adjustability of the ECCI pedals was worth paying more. I use a
desk and a computer chair to drive. Any suggestions? Thanks !!!

Old December 10th 04, 02:55 AM
Steve Smith

Are the ECCI 6000s the "tractor" pedals? If so, be aware that they feel
kinda clumsy to use, and unlike the other ECCI pedals, offer no real
adjustability over any other pdeals. The TSW pedals are well nigh
bulletproof, and are "adjustable" by the simple expedient of installing
different springs and/or pots.

.. .

Old December 10th 04, 03:33 AM
JP

Brian Bowles > wrote in message
.. .
> I currently have a logitech momo wheel and pedals. It si the one with the
> red base. As you are aware of the pedals are not real easy to use. I would
> like to buy some pedals. I need some suggestions deciding between the TSW
> pedals and the ECCI 6000 pedals. The TSW pedals cost less. Some suggested

> me that the adjustability of the ECCI pedals was worth paying more. I use

> desk and a computer chair to drive. Any suggestions? Thanks !!!

I'd take the tsw myself, but ymmv. To me, some ECCI pundits fall into the
"Of course it's the best ! Why ? Umm, I don't know, but, well it must be,
because it costs more !" mindset.

Old December 10th 04, 04:02 AM
Mitch_A

I bought the ECCI 6000 Pedals (top pivot) specifically for the Momo Force.
It basically piggy backs onto the original pedal plug. The unit ECCI had in
stock included the PMB2 option but if I could have made the choice I doubt I
would have got it again (these arent the 3000 series tractor pedals). All I
can say is they are simply awesome in every respect. Great ergonomic
adjustability for nearly any type of seating position. Absolutely
bulletproof and should last forever. Well worth the $300 I paid. I
purchased a couple extra Momo wheels so Im set indefinitely as my original
Momo stills works perfectly after 2+ years of moderate use.

Mitch

Old December 10th 04, 01:08 PM
Steve Smith

I'm sorry - yes, the 6000 pedals are built like a Porsche and should be
great if the top-hinge ergonomics work for you. The 3000 pedals are also
built like a Porsche...but drive more like a Rolls Royce Silver Wraith.

news

Old December 11th 04, 10:37 AM
Dan

Dude dont get the TSW.The ECCI pedals are universally rated the best
around.They have inumerable configurations and adjustments while the TSW's
are just two pedals poking out of a box.
The ECCi are also as close as you will get to the genuine pressure
modulation of a real brake pedal, while the TSW seem to rely on the usual
spring tension and travel system you see anywhere.
Everyone thats used ECCI rates them over anything else they have ever used,
and looking at the products it doesnt seem even close.

Old December 11th 04, 10:39 AM
Dan

Dont post when you dont know ****.The ECCi pedals have more adjustments and
configurations than anything on the market and certainly more than the TSW
"pedals out of a box" setup.