Americans allow cars to be destroyed by the storm

Old October 30th 12, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RichA

Default Americans allow cars to be destroyed by the storm

There was a rumour that Toyota had allowed hundreds of cars to be
destroyed during the Thailand floods of last year. The cost to move
them to higher ground and bring them back, then sell them with mileage
would have been too great. So, they let them get destroyed by the
floods and simply collected the insurance.
Same thing is happening with Americans in the storm path. They've
left their old cars to be destroyed by the flooding so they can claim
it on their insurance. They had days of warning, yet they didn't move
vehicles to higher ground or further inland.

Old October 30th 12, 08:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

On 2012-10-30, RichA > wrote:
> There was a rumour that Toyota had allowed hundreds of cars to be
> destroyed during the Thailand floods of last year. The cost to move
> them to higher ground and bring them back, then sell them with mileage
> would have been too great. So, they let them get destroyed by the
> floods and simply collected the insurance.
> Same thing is happening with Americans in the storm path. They've
> left their old cars to be destroyed by the flooding so they can claim
> it on their insurance. They had days of warning, yet they didn't move
> vehicles to higher ground or further inland.

The question is finding parking on higher ground.

Old October 31st 12, 09:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 10/29/2012 19:01, RichA wrote:
> There was a rumour that Toyota had allowed hundreds of cars to be
> destroyed during the Thailand floods of last year. The cost to move
> them to higher ground and bring them back, then sell them with mileage
> would have been too great. So, they let them get destroyed by the
> floods and simply collected the insurance.
> Same thing is happening with Americans in the storm path. They've
> left their old cars to be destroyed by the flooding so they can claim
> it on their insurance. They had days of warning, yet they didn't move
> vehicles to higher ground or further inland.

And that surprises you?