Mazda 3 Electric Windows

Old January 23rd 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
The Invisible Man

Default Mazda 3 Electric Windows

Hi

We have got a 2002 MX5 and a new coupe on order due in a couple of months.

This problem though relates to our Mazda 3 Sport. We recently had a
fairly flat battery but never disconnected it. May or may not be related
but we now have problems with the electric windows.

All 4 windows work fine from their own door controls. The other 3
windows do not however work from the driver's control. Any ideas?

TIA for any advice. It is still under warranty. The battery was went too
flat to start the engine because of infrequent use and probably a
fairly high drain alarm. (UK model)
Old January 23rd 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article > ,
The Invisible Man > wrote:

> All 4 windows work fine from their own door controls. The other 3
> windows do not however work from the driver's control. Any ideas?
>
> TIA for any advice. It is still under warranty.

Then it's the dealer's job to diagnose and fix it. If you mess with the
electrics, you might void what's left of the warranty on the rest of the
car. Better charge or replace the battery before you take it in.
Old January 31st 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

I think you ought to tell the dealer about the battery running low. It might
have effected something, who knows?

Chris
99BBB

Old January 31st 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
The Invisible Man

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> I think you ought to tell the dealer about the battery running low. It might
> have effected something, who knows?
>
> Chris
> 99BBB
>
> "Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message
>> In article > ,
>> The Invisible Man > wrote:
>>
>>> All 4 windows work fine from their own door controls. The other 3
>>> windows do not however work from the driver's control. Any ideas?
>>>
>>> TIA for any advice. It is still under warranty.

>> Then it's the dealer's job to diagnose and fix it. If you mess with the
>> electrics, you might void what's left of the warranty on the rest of the
>> car. Better charge or replace the battery before you take it in.

Thanks for your advice.

For no apparent reason they have now started working properly again.
Perhaps turning on the ignition a few times over a few days of using the
car re-set whatever whatever had gone awol. When I tried to start the
car when the battery was nearly flat the dials and lights went berserk.
Probably the software got a bit upset and just needed a few re-boots!
Old February 1st 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article > ,
The Invisible Man > wrote:

> For no apparent reason they have now started working properly again.
> Perhaps turning on the ignition a few times over a few days of using the
> car re-set whatever whatever had gone awol. When I tried to start the
> car when the battery was nearly flat the dials and lights went berserk.
> Probably the software got a bit upset and just needed a few re-boots!

That makes sense. On the Mazda3, the windows (and nearly everything
else) are controlled by various computers; the switches only send
signals to a CPU. Even the dome light works this way. Low voltage can
prevent a CPU from booting properly, or at all.