At the detroit three, cleaning the toilets is 'auto production'

Old January 4th 09, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

Default At the detroit three, cleaning the toilets is 'auto production'

http://maggiesnotebook.blogspot.com/...organized.html

"Henry Payne wrote:

Take grass cutting. As defined by the current United Auto Worker
contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top
parts makers Delphi and Visteon), an auto "production worker" is a job
description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the
toilets. In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an
hour, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get
the same wages as any auto line-worker: an average $26 an hour ($60,000
a year) plus benefits that bring the company's total cost per worker to
a staggering $65 an hour. "

Old January 4th 09, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Jan 3, 6:42*pm, Brent > wrote:
> http://maggiesnotebook.blogspot.com/...nk-breaks-bank...
>
> "Henry Payne wrote:
>
> * * Take grass cutting. As defined by the current United Auto Worker
> contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top
> parts makers Delphi and Visteon), an auto "production worker" is a job
> description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the
> toilets. In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an
> hour, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get
> the same wages as any auto line-worker: an average $26 an hour ($60,000
> a year) plus benefits that bring the company's total cost per worker to
> a staggering $65 an hour. "

Somehow I can't picture them making that kind of stash skin-diving for
Roto-Rooter.