Increasing fuel mileage by injecting ether.

Old September 22nd 04, 03:12 PM
Burt Squareman

Default Increasing fuel mileage by injecting ether.

Several years ago I've read a book on how to inject ether in
low amounts into the carburetor to increase gas mileages.
I'd been wanting to add ether or some octane booster into
the fuel tank and adjust the inputs into the O2 sensor to
trick it to thinking that it's running rich. In theory, I may save
gas. What others tricks would you might attempt on your
car?

Thanks

Old September 23rd 04, 05:29 AM
« Paul »

Burt Squareman wrote:

> Several years ago I've read a book on how to inject ether in
> low amounts into the carburetor to increase gas mileages.
> I'd been wanting to add ether or some octane booster into
> the fuel tank and adjust the inputs into the O2 sensor to
> trick it to thinking that it's running rich. In theory, I may save
> gas. What others tricks would you might attempt on your
> car?
>
> Thanks

Water injection.
Old September 23rd 04, 06:00 AM
Daniel J. Stern

Ohgeeze, here we go again. Suddenly it's 1973 all over again, and all the
ignorant ideas and dumb scams claiming to increase MPG are popping back
up...STAY DEAD, DAMMIT! STAY DEAD!

Old September 23rd 04, 06:44 AM
Garth Almgren

Around 9/22/2004 10:00 PM, Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> Ohgeeze, here we go again. Suddenly it's 1973 all over again, and all the
> ignorant ideas and dumb scams claiming to increase MPG are popping back
> up...STAY DEAD, DAMMIT! STAY DEAD!

Might I interest you in a Tornado or a bilge blo- excuse me, "electric
supercharger"? How about a fuel line magnet or toilet paper oil filter
that works wonders...? Slick50, anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Use them all together, and you'll have spent so much money that you'll
feel like you've added one and a half squirrels to your engine. Wow!

But wait, call now and I'll double your order! Use it on one vehicle and
double the perceived effect! All for the low, low price of the GDP of
Bhutan! Can you believe it?!?

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.
Old September 23rd 04, 07:18 AM
Bernard Farquart

"Garth Almgren" > wrote in message
> Around 9/22/2004 10:00 PM, Daniel J. Stern wrote:
>
>> Ohgeeze, here we go again. Suddenly it's 1973 all over again, and all the
>> ignorant ideas and dumb scams claiming to increase MPG are popping back
>> up...STAY DEAD, DAMMIT! STAY DEAD!

> Might I interest you in a Tornado or a bilge blo- excuse me, "electric
> supercharger"? How about a fuel line magnet or toilet paper oil filter
> that works wonders...? Slick50, anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I heard that you get really good gas mileage if you put
sixty pounds of air in your tires, never turn on your lights,
signals or wipers, and don't use your brakes.

Old September 23rd 04, 08:47 AM
Bo Raxo

"Bernard Farquart" > wrote in message

> I heard that you get really good gas mileage if you put
> sixty pounds of air in your tires, never turn on your lights,
> signals or wipers, and don't use your brakes.

I pay NBA players to push my car around during the off-season. Sure, it's
expensive, but my mileage is fantastic!

Bo Raxo

Old September 23rd 04, 01:15 PM
Al Bundy

"Bernard Farquart" > wrote in message news:<IUt4d.8923$vd1.1978@trnddc03>...
> "Garth Almgren" > wrote in message
> > Around 9/22/2004 10:00 PM, Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> >
> >> Ohgeeze, here we go again. Suddenly it's 1973 all over again, and all the
> >> ignorant ideas and dumb scams claiming to increase MPG are popping back
> >> up...STAY DEAD, DAMMIT! STAY DEAD!

> > Might I interest you in a Tornado or a bilge blo- excuse me, "electric
> > supercharger"? How about a fuel line magnet or toilet paper oil filter
> > that works wonders...? Slick50, anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

> I heard that you get really good gas mileage if you put
> sixty pounds of air in your tires, never turn on your lights,
> signals or wipers, and don't use your brakes.

If the poster puts enough BTUs of ether in his engine he could improve
his GAS mileage. However, his cost per mile will go up because of the
cost of ether.
Old September 23rd 04, 07:58 PM
Larry Bud

> I heard that you get really good gas mileage if you put
> sixty pounds of air in your tires, never turn on your lights,
> signals or wipers, and don't use your brakes.

You still on air? I'm on helium for the tires. Makes the car lighter! ;-)
Old September 24th 04, 12:04 AM
Proctologically Violated©®

"Bernard Farquart" > wrote in message

> "Garth Almgren" > wrote in message
> > Around 9/22/2004 10:00 PM, Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> >
> >> Ohgeeze, here we go again. Suddenly it's 1973 all over again, and all

the
> >> ignorant ideas and dumb scams claiming to increase MPG are popping back
> >> up...STAY DEAD, DAMMIT! STAY DEAD!

> > Might I interest you in a Tornado or a bilge blo- excuse me, "electric
> > supercharger"? How about a fuel line magnet or toilet paper oil filter
> > that works wonders...? Slick50, anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

> I heard that you get really good gas mileage if you put
> sixty pounds of air in your tires, never turn on your lights,
> signals or wipers, and don't use your brakes.

Actually, true!
I noticed sig'ly better mpg's when my alternator went!
Drove for about 2 weeks charging my battery at home/work. Considered
leaving the alt. dead!
When I bought my Mazda 929, the effing dealer indeed had the
tires at 60#--musta had my gas mileage in mind! Actually, I think it was to
keep flat spots from forming on the tires in the show-room floor. Something
to watch out for...
Don't use yer brakes, and coast in neutral whenever you can.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Old September 24th 04, 01:20 AM
127.0.0.1

"Burt Squareman" > wrote in message
news:1095912589.xPtRDYuILfxva9iT9pA0rQ@bubbanews.. .
> Several years ago I've read a book on how to inject ether in
> low amounts into the carburetor to increase gas mileages.
> I'd been wanting to add ether or some octane booster into
> the fuel tank and adjust the inputs into the O2 sensor to
> trick it to thinking that it's running rich. In theory, I may save
> gas. What others tricks would you might attempt on your
> car?
>
> Thanks

heh, that will burn up your plugs...

you can purchase a honda civic to get better gas mileage.
or a hybrid (electric car powered by a generator).

strip down your vehicle. lighter weight increases gas mileage.
removing a full size spare tire increases gas mileage by 1.

put an extended cone at the rear end to reduce drag.
put swiss cheese holes behind the front fender to reduce more drag.
use the a/c instead of opening the window.
etc..
etc...
etc....

-a|ex

90 spirit won't run Faulguys Chrysler 80 December 9th 04 11:41 PM
Magnum RT Fuel Mileage Dan Dodge 48 October 30th 04 02:47 PM
76 Difficult Cold Starts daveo76 Corvette 22 September 9th 04 12:54 AM