Camaro In The Lead Again

Old October 4th 11, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default Camaro In The Lead Again

It looks like the Camaro will trump the Mustang is sales again this
year.

And it always makes me wonder if Camaro buyers ever cross-shop the
Mustang.

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2011...tang_sales.php

Patrick
Old October 4th 11, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Debbie

On 10/4/2011 2:48 PM, wrote:
> It looks like the Camaro will trump the Mustang is sales again this
> year.
>
> And it always makes me wonder if Camaro buyers ever cross-shop the
> Mustang.

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2011...tang_sales.php

> Patrick

Maybe Camaro buyers are all fans of the cartoon movie "Cars" because the
Camaros look so cartoonish. The front end makes a Camaro look as if it
was grinning.
Old October 5th 11, 12:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Oct 4, 6:48*pm, " >
wrote:
> It looks like the Camaro will trump the Mustang is sales again this
> year.
>
> And it always makes me wonder if Camaro buyers ever cross-shop the
> Mustang.
>
> http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2011..._2011_mustang_...
>
> Patrick

Yes, I certainly cross-shop... I have owned both Mustangs and
Camaros... In 2002, I shopped both cars and bought the Mustang. In
2005, Camaro was gone and bought the Mustang. Now even if the Camaro
was still being produced I would have gone with the Mustang... I loved
the 2005 looks of the Mustang! But then the 2010 refresh came and I
simply could not stand the looks of the rear on the 2010 Mustang...
UGH!! so I ended up with the 2010 Camaro.
Old October 5th 11, 12:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

"John S." > wrote in message
> On Oct 4, 6:48 pm, " >
> wrote:
>> It looks like the Camaro will trump the Mustang is sales again this
>> year.
>>
>> And it always makes me wonder if Camaro buyers ever cross-shop the
>> Mustang.
>>
>> http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2011..._2011_mustang_...
>>
>> Patrick

> Yes, I certainly cross-shop... I have owned both Mustangs and
> Camaros... In 2002, I shopped both cars and bought the Mustang. In
> 2005, Camaro was gone and bought the Mustang. Now even if the Camaro
> was still being produced I would have gone with the Mustang... I loved
> the 2005 looks of the Mustang! But then the 2010 refresh came and I
> simply could not stand the looks of the rear on the 2010 Mustang...
> UGH!! so I ended up with the 2010 Camaro.

Wait... You didn't like the back of the Mustang, so you went with the...
Camaro?!? Incredible.

dwight

Old October 5th 11, 12:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Oct 5, 11:14*am, "dwight" > wrote:
> "John S." > wrote in message

> > On Oct 4, 6:48 pm, " >
> > wrote:
> >> It looks like the Camaro will trump the Mustang is sales again this
> >> year.

> >> And it always makes me wonder if Camaro buyers ever cross-shop the
> >> Mustang.

> >>http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2011..._2011_mustang_....

> >> Patrick

> > Yes, I certainly cross-shop... *I have owned both Mustangs and
> > Camaros... In 2002, I shopped both cars and bought the Mustang. *In
> > 2005, Camaro was gone and bought the Mustang. *Now even if the Camaro
> > was still being produced I would have gone with the Mustang... I loved
> > the 2005 looks of the Mustang! *But then the 2010 refresh came and I
> > simply could not stand the looks of the rear on the 2010 Mustang...
> > UGH!! so I ended up with the 2010 Camaro.

> Wait... You didn't like the back of the Mustang, so you went with the...
> Camaro?!? Incredible.
>
> dwight

LOVED the Hips on the Camaro... Could NOT stand the slanted, candy-
cane rear end of the Mustang... and was not really a fan of the whole
refresh... seemed they just over-stylized it.... But you'll be happy
to know that that all the GM products are now gone from are
driveway... Driveway now has the 2011 F-250 and a 2011 Flex (with the
EcoBoost!! WOOHOO! LOL) So completely Blue Oval at this point!
Old October 5th 11, 12:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Oct 5, 6:34*am, "John S." > wrote:

> > > Yes, I certainly cross-shop... *I have owned both Mustangs and
> > > Camaros... In 2002, I shopped both cars and bought the Mustang. *In
> > > 2005, Camaro was gone and bought the Mustang. *Now even if the Camaro
> > > was still being produced I would have gone with the Mustang... I loved
> > > the 2005 looks of the Mustang! *But then the 2010 refresh came and I
> > > simply could not stand the looks of the rear on the 2010 Mustang...
> > > UGH!! so I ended up with the 2010 Camaro.

> > Wait... You didn't like the back of the Mustang, so you went with the....
> > Camaro?!? Incredible.

> LOVED the Hips on the Camaro... Could NOT stand the slanted, candy-
> cane rear end of the Mustang... and was not really a fan of the whole
> refresh... seemed they just over-stylized it.... *

I too liked the looks of the Camaro. And I can see your argument
about the Mustang's styling, though I think the redesign gave the
Mustang a more muscular look. The '05-'09s had the right proportions,
but I think they were a little bland.

My thing with the Camaro was the poor interior and odd/bad view out
the windshield. Those were deal breakers for me.

Patrick

Old October 5th 11, 02:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Oct 5, 11:57*am, "
> wrote:

> > > Wait... You didn't like the back of the Mustang, so you went with the....
> > > Camaro?!? Incredible.

> > LOVED the Hips on the Camaro... Could NOT stand the slanted, candy-
> > cane rear end of the Mustang... and was not really a fan of the whole
> > refresh... seemed they just over-stylized it.... *

> I too liked the looks of the Camaro. *And I can see your argument
> about the Mustang's styling, though I think the redesign gave the
> Mustang a more muscular look. *The '05-'09s had the right proportions,
> but I think they were a little bland.
>
> My thing with the Camaro was the poor interior and odd/bad view out
> the windshield. *Those were deal breakers for me.
>
> Patrick
>
> > But you'll be happy
> > to know that that all the GM products are now gone from are
> > driveway... Driveway now has the 2011 F-250 *and a 2011 Flex (with the
> > EcoBoost!! WOOHOO! LOL) *So completely Blue Oval at this point!

Yeah, the Camaro's interior was pretty poor... but I loved the low
roof line and the "in a cave" feeling when driving.... did make it
tough at the track wearing a helmet... unlike the Flex which has an
amazing amount of head room, even with a helmet on!