field of dreams

Old November 9th 04, 11:11 PM

gonna be tryin to get another 97 Cobra or what?

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

"cobra boy" > wrote in message
> A truck ran over the front end, so now it's in that big corral in the sky.
> sob I did post pix at the time of the accident, now i'm waiting for my
> shoulder to heal so i can shift,wipe my butt, till i get another.lol
>
> ex cobra boy 97 convert deceased
>

> "Richard" > wrote in message
> > I've gotta ask. What happened to the '97 cobra? Perhaps I missed your

tale
> > of woe.
> >
> > --
> > Richard
> >
> > '94 GT 'vert
> > Under Drive Pulleys
> > Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
> > High Stall Torque Converter
> > 4:10 Gears
> > Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
> > FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
> > FRPP M5400-A Suspension
> > Laser Red
> >
> > "cobra boy" > wrote in message
> > > By the way I'm 50.
> > > ex cobra boy 97 convert deceased
> > >

> > > "cobra boy" > wrote in message

up

Old November 10th 04, 02:21 AM
JS

Don't look at me, I'm not sellin' mine. ;-)

Mine's not your style anyway... Rio Red coupe.

JS

om...

Old November 10th 04, 05:07 AM

I am in love with your car JS. It's so puuurty.

-Mike

Old November 10th 04, 03:07 PM
cobra boy

As soon as I can shift again. This time I think it'll be a '99 or 01.
ex cobra boy 97 convert deceased

om...

Old November 12th 04, 04:15 AM
Backyard Mechanic

JS opined in news:7tXjd.205$Bj2.49@trndny01:

> Wish I'd have gotten to see that game. I'm 20 miles NE of Pittsburgh...
> grew up here. It's great to see them playing well. I'm hoping Big Ben
> doesn't turn out to be another flash in the pan.

Ummm... what do you know about good QB's from smaller schools?

Often better than rated QB's from bigger schools

Can you say Ryan Leaf?

And note there are 3 NFL starting QB's from Mid American Conf at this time!

I'd say he's the real deal... cause he has a REAL coach.

And this from a Bengals fan!

Look at the 3 best Bengals QB's ever..

Greg Cook Cincy (career ending injury)
Ken Anderson Augustana (!!!!!)
Boomer Esiaison Maryland

Old November 13th 04, 12:38 AM
dwight

"JS" > wrote in message news:7tXjd.205$Bj2.49@trndny01...
> Wish I'd have gotten to see that game. I'm 20 miles NE of Pittsburgh...
> grew up here. It's great to see them playing well. I'm hoping Big Ben
> doesn't turn out to be another flash in the pan.

I'm sorry I DID watch. Steelers had their way with my Eagles.

"Big Ben" spent most of the day just handing off. When he did pass, he was
on target, had time, came up with some key 1st downs.

He sure looked like the real deal to me. But any QB is only about as good as
the defense and his own offensive line allow. Your OL was playing extremely
well (especially with the run blocking), and our defense wasn't.

dwight

Old November 13th 04, 12:45 AM
Deputy Dog

"dwight" > wrote in message
> "JS" > wrote in message news:7tXjd.205$Bj2.49@trndny01...
>> Wish I'd have gotten to see that game. I'm 20 miles NE of Pittsburgh...
>> grew up here. It's great to see them playing well. I'm hoping Big Ben
>> doesn't turn out to be another flash in the pan.

> I'm sorry I DID watch. Steelers had their way with my Eagles.
>
> "Big Ben" spent most of the day just handing off. When he did pass, he was
> on target, had time, came up with some key 1st downs.
>
> He sure looked like the real deal to me. But any QB is only about as good
> as the defense and his own offensive line allow. Your OL was playing
> extremely well (especially with the run blocking), and our defense wasn't.
>
> dwight

I did'nt realise our defense was playing................or the offense for
that matter. Nobody but theSteelers and the fans showed for that game.

Dave

Old November 13th 04, 08:39 AM
JS

"dwight" > wrote in message
> "JS" > wrote in message news:7tXjd.205$Bj2.49@trndny01...
>> Wish I'd have gotten to see that game. I'm 20 miles NE of Pittsburgh...
>> grew up here. It's great to see them playing well. I'm hoping Big Ben
>> doesn't turn out to be another flash in the pan.

> I'm sorry I DID watch. Steelers had their way with my Eagles.
>
> "Big Ben" spent most of the day just handing off. When he did pass, he was
> on target, had time, came up with some key 1st downs.
>
> He sure looked like the real deal to me. But any QB is only about as good
> as the defense and his own offensive line allow. Your OL was playing
> extremely well (especially with the run blocking), and our defense wasn't.
>
> dwight

The offensive line has been a serious problem the last few years, and I'm
glad to see that they're finally giving a quarterback some time to throw the
ball. Stewart could have been a better QB had someone given him time to get
a pass off too, but alas, that was not to be (and the subject of Stewart is
a whole different issue here in Pittsburgh).

The Steelers look strong this year, but there's still a few games left.
I'll reserve judgement until I see how they look in a couple more games.

Oddly enough I believe Tommy Maddox is about ready to play again, but with
Ben playing as well as he is, would you pull him? I wouldn't. He has the
team rallied around him, he and Plexico have figured each other out, and
they're firing on all 8.

Here's hoping your Eagles can pluck that thorn out of their collective wings
and get back in form.

JS

Old November 13th 04, 05:21 PM
dwight

"JS" > wrote in message news:RKjld.1134$tI3.1054@trndny01...

> "dwight" > wrote in message
>> "JS" > wrote in message news:7tXjd.205$Bj2.49@trndny01...
>>> Wish I'd have gotten to see that game. I'm 20 miles NE of Pittsburgh...
>>> grew up here. It's great to see them playing well. I'm hoping Big Ben
>>> doesn't turn out to be another flash in the pan.

>> I'm sorry I DID watch. Steelers had their way with my Eagles.
>>
>> "Big Ben" spent most of the day just handing off. When he did pass, he
>> was on target, had time, came up with some key 1st downs.
>>
>> He sure looked like the real deal to me. But any QB is only about as good
>> as the defense and his own offensive line allow. Your OL was playing
>> extremely well (especially with the run blocking), and our defense
>> wasn't.
>>
>> dwight

> The offensive line has been a serious problem the last few years, and I'm
> glad to see that they're finally giving a quarterback some time to throw
> the ball. Stewart could have been a better QB had someone given him time
> to get a pass off too, but alas, that was not to be (and the subject of
> Stewart is a whole different issue here in Pittsburgh).
>
> The Steelers look strong this year, but there's still a few games left.
> I'll reserve judgement until I see how they look in a couple more games.
>
> Oddly enough I believe Tommy Maddox is about ready to play again, but with
> Ben playing as well as he is, would you pull him? I wouldn't. He has the
> team rallied around him, he and Plexico have figured each other out, and
> they're firing on all 8.
>
> Here's hoping your Eagles can pluck that thorn out of their collective
> wings and get back in form.
>
> JS

When you've got a good young rookie who plays well, there's no point in
going back to the QB who was supposed to play until the rookie was ready.

And I'm not worried about the Eagles. They'll get real healthy real fast
Monday night.

dwight