Outside Air Temperature Problem

Old December 22nd 04, 05:16 AM
Ed

Default Outside Air Temperature Problem

I have a 99 Accord 4 door saloon ES 2.0litre with an annoying problem, the
external temp guage reads 4 degrees warmer than it actually is (Celsius-
This is the UK). Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the temp
reading.

Given the time of year it's good to get an idea of icy conditions.

Thanks for all comments and thoughts

Eddie (Scotland)

Old December 22nd 04, 12:02 PM
harrison

"Ed" > wrote in message
>I have a 99 Accord 4 door saloon ES 2.0litre with an annoying problem, the
> external temp guage reads 4 degrees warmer than it actually is (Celsius-
> This is the UK). Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the temp
> reading.
>
> Given the time of year it's good to get an idea of icy conditions.
>
> Thanks for all comments and thoughts
>
> Eddie (Scotland)

2003 US versions can be adjusted +/- 3 degrees, not sure if the same range
is available in C. The adjustment method for 2003 is to hold down the reset
select button for 10 seconds with the ignition on, then stop when you have
the right + or - change shown. The changes are the difference, not the
actual reading. 1999 might be different, good idea to find a shop manual.
The procedure is in the body section for 2003, not in the climate control
section, as I initially guess. Good thing the manual has an index.

Dave

Old December 30th 04, 07:13 PM
Ed

Sorry for the delay in getting back to the group, i was in traffic coming
home this evening when I suddenly remebered his solution, it was perfect,
allowed me to drop 3 degrees and it's now spot on, at least calibated beside
my wife's brand new mini! Happy New Year, I shall at least have a dram on
Hogmany in his honour

Slainté

Eddie