63 Park brake handle question

Old April 18th 06, 03:30 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default 63 Park brake handle question

How does the park brake cable attach to the handle shaft? The end of the
cable is fine, I just don't know which parts are missing to re-attach the
cable to it. The handle came off in my hand when I pulled on it to set
brake. I have a Zip and Corv. Central catalog but I can't tell by their
illustrations. Thanx- lib

Old April 18th 06, 06:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

lib wrote:
> How does the park brake cable attach to the handle shaft? The end of the
> cable is fine, I just don't know which parts are missing to re-attach the
> cable to it. The handle came off in my hand when I pulled on it to set
> brake. I have a Zip and Corv. Central catalog but I can't tell by their
> illustrations. Thanx- lib

Looks to me, from the Corvette Central catalog, that the 192135 clip and
191050 clip hold/locate the cable casing at the firewall, and the
192049 stop pin secures the cable itself to the shaft, but it may be a
b**ch getting them in place without removing the dash bracket assembly
and disengaging the cable at the under-car swivel arm in order to pull the
cable in from the firewall to get working room to replace the stop pin.
Old April 20th 06, 12:31 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I spoke to a products rep at CC this am and he informed me that after
describing the problem to him, he had a new handle assmbly brought over from
the warehouse. He came to the conclusion that the problem is in the end of
the cable and it needs to be replaced. It stands to reason it could break
after 30+ years of being pulled on. At least it is a problem that can be
resolved for less than $200- lib

"WayneC" > wrote in message
> lib wrote:
>> How does the park brake cable attach to the handle shaft? The end of the
>> cable is fine, I just don't know which parts are missing to re-attach the
>> cable to it. The handle came off in my hand when I pulled on it to set
>> brake. I have a Zip and Corv. Central catalog but I can't tell by their
>> illustrations. Thanx- lib

> Looks to me, from the Corvette Central catalog, that the 192135 clip and
> 191050 clip hold/locate the cable casing at the firewall, and the
> 192049 stop pin secures the cable itself to the shaft, but it may be a
> b**ch getting them in place without removing the dash bracket assembly
> and disengaging the cable at the under-car swivel arm in order to pull the
> cable in from the firewall to get working room to replace the stop pin.

e32 -- Vacuum brake boost check valve question. Josh Assing BMW 0 January 9th 06 06:29 AM
Brake backing plate question on my 66 Mike West VW air cooled 3 December 17th 05 02:46 AM
63 park brake cable/handle problem lib Corvette 1 December 10th 05 09:21 PM
Anti-Lock Brake question Oppie Saturn 9 December 7th 05 09:15 PM
Parking Brake verses tranny's Park? B. Peg Technology 14 August 18th 05 01:27 AM