05 Mustang Brake squeal

Old July 5th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jetter

Default 05 Mustang Brake squeal

I need some advice on getting rid of brake squeal. My 05 started
squealing when it
had about 5k miles on it. I replaced the stock pads with Ceramic Hawk
performance
brake pads and coated the back side of the pads with Permatex disc
quiet. this worked
great for about 3000 miles and now the squeal is back. I tried using a
different brand of
disc quiet, it came in a red plastic bottle (I forget the name), they
were quiet for about
200 miles this time. The last thing I can think of to try is to replace
the stock rotor with
a cross drilled\slotted rotor. I have no idea if this will help or not
lol. Before I blow 300$
on new rotors does anyone have a better idea?

Even tho the brakes squeal, they stop great. Its just getting
embarrasing pulling up
to a stop light lol

Old July 5th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mrs Ken Ehrett[_1_]

On 5 Jul 2006 08:00:10 -0700, "Jetter" > wrote:

>I need some advice on getting rid of brake squeal. My 05 started
>squealing when it had about 5k miles on it. I replaced the stock pads with
>Ceramic Hawk performance brake pads and coated the back side of the pads
>with Permatex disc quiet. this worked great for about 3000 miles and now the squeal
>is back. I tried using a different brand of disc quiet, it came in a red plastic bottle
>(I forget the name), they were quiet for about 200 miles this time. The last thing I can
>think of to try is to replace the stock rotor with a cross drilled\slotted rotor. I have no idea
>if this will help or not lol. Before I blow 300$ on new rotors does anyone have a better idea?
>
>Even tho the brakes squeal, they stop great. Its just getting embarrasing pulling up
>to a stop light lol

I have an 04 Mach 1. The brakes squeal.
A buddy has an 03 Cobra. The brakes squeal.
My dealership in RI ( Tasca) told me : The brakes squeal.
An SVT Tech in MD said : The brakes squeal.

I know I didn't mention an 05 but can you see the pattern here?

My ex explained it to me and I promptly forgot with he told me but
suffice it to say the newer brakes will squeal _from time to time_.