FYI - new nVidia drivers

Old July 9th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default FYI - new nVidia drivers

I happened to notice a minor long-time annoyance is gone in the latest
nVidia 91.31 video drivers.
In RBR, some of the stages (esp France and Finland) have had visible
borders in the road surface. I don't know when it was fixed, but it is
gone in the 91.31 drivers. I had 81.98 before these, IIRC.
So far a sampling of other games and sims look good - subjectively
performance is slightly better with my 6800 Ultra.
One big word of advice - avoid the standard nVidia download (worst
control panel since ATI CCC), and get the Xtreme-G version and install
the more traditional controls. Available at http://www.tweaksrus.com.
Clearly they are trying to hide any advanced features from us stoopid
users .

Kendt

Old July 9th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
rms[_1_]

The 91.33 beta drivers also fix the 'SLI Balloon Bug', that pops up a little
ad on every boot.

rms

Old July 9th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Txl

When I try to install them I get told that they didn't find the previous drivers (5160) and so they can't install

What can i do ?

Thanks

--
Email contact

http://cerbermail.com/?ltQ8eCFmRa
Old July 10th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Yeah, I'm not much liking the new CP either.

-Larry

oups.com...

Old July 10th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

WooHoo!

Any other way to fix this?

How the hell could that get through WHQL. Oh, wait. That's right. It's
WHQL, the same 'certification' program that certified sidewinder drivers for
XP, but overlooked the small issue of it stating, at install, that it does
not work on 2K and above and is for W95 and W98 only LOL.

-Larry

.net...

Old July 10th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

PlowBoy wrote:
> how about a better link to the page you downloade the driver from? Hell I
> cant find it..

Try:
http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?o...7& Itemid=41/

They should be listed on that page. I had to do a bit of hunting at
first as well.

HTH,
Kendt

Old July 10th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo[_1_]

"Larry" > wrote in message
| Yeah, I'm not much liking the new CP either.
|
| -Larry

It's easy enough to return to the classic view. I did that immediately--
out with the new and in with the old.

Alanb

Is it time to take the keys away from our teenage drivers? Laura Bush murdered her boy friend Driving 7 March 7th 06 01:47 AM
The Nation's Worst Drivers [email protected] Ford Mustang 22 May 31st 05 01:56 AM
where to get that util, clean out Nvidia drivers? Sting32 Simulators 2 May 11th 05 02:22 PM
Drives me crazy MidnightDad Driving 35 April 26th 05 03:05 AM
Flashpoint Racing Series begins tonight! [email protected] Simulators 34 February 18th 05 01:37 AM