Vista & NR2003/rFactor/GTR2

Old February 9th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Default Vista & NR2003/rFactor/GTR2

Anyone installed/run NR2003, rFactor and GTR2 under Vista yet?

I was going to do it this week, but one of my Golden's had to have surgery
and my attention has been drawn to him this week.

My main concerns a

1. Do they bust anything in Vista.
2. Is the beta driver nonsense with nVidia causing any performance issues.

Also, has anyone tried to install the drivers from the CD that come with the
G25?

-Larry

Old February 9th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jeff Reid

> 2. Is the beta driver nonsense with nVidia causing any performance issues.

At Tom's Hardware Guide, there's a review of Vista and the video
driver issues. ATI is better with Vista than nVidia (except for OpenGL),
but the bottom line is that performance with Vista is slower than with XP.
The issue is apparently due to the fact that with Vista, the driver runs
more in user mode versus kernel mode than it did with XP.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/...rse-with-vista

Old February 9th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

I have to concurr with thier findings, (duh they're smarter than I am with
HW) but I mean my experience vista, matches this, if not exagerates it with
my older hardware.

nascar and GTL was already installed before I upgraded like I already told
you, I feel XP was better frames, Im positive it is.

But hey, vista on the sons PC that he doesnt game on he's way too much of a
playstation find the cheats kind of thing, than work at a game like sims
make you do... and I can race a relative or two at xmas, so Im goona try
vista home premium oem on that thing. might keep me from having so many
bugs on it lol. I mean with the limits I can do to his account on vista and
stuff... No way Im doing my game rig.

Jeff Reid enlightened us with:

Old February 10th 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rush

GTR2 runs just as good on my Vista as it did with XP.

Using 8800GTX with nvidia beta drivers. It does appear that driver support
for Vista will be better in a few months so may be a good time to read a
book.

Old February 10th 07, 07:14 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovich

Plowboy:
> nascar and GTL was already installed before I upgraded like I already told
> you, I feel XP was better frames, Im positive it is.

IIRC, when XP came, it was very hard to install it over previous OS.
The best way is to have a "clean install", on a clean, formated hard disk.
-- Mario

Old February 11th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

That's not good

-Larry

vista and gpl Milo Johnson Simulators 19 February 5th 07 05:34 PM
What's this about starforce in Vista ? [email protected] Simulators 17 November 14th 06 06:32 PM
More Vista Licensing... Larry[_1_] Simulators 16 November 4th 06 04:44 AM
More Info on vista... FYI PlowBoy Simulators 4 October 19th 06 05:10 PM
rFactor vs. GTR2 Chang Liu Simulators 9 September 18th 06 08:21 AM