1995 plymouth breeze starting issue

Old April 17th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
k51977blazer

Default 1995 plymouth breeze starting issue

customer complaint.....1995 plymouth breeze 4 cyliner motor.Went to start
car made a real loud whining sound...im thinking starter.Now he said he
immeaditly shut the car off and he said it continued to run,not really
good.He then turned the key to the on postion it ran fine.He took it home
tried to start it nothing at all no cranking.Im thinking either
starter,ignition switch,faulty wiring can anyone point me in the right
direction.Thank you

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...kers.chrysler/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old April 17th 08, 04:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Mike

"k51977blazer" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> customer complaint.....1995 plymouth breeze 4 cyliner motor.Went to start
> car made a real loud whining sound...im thinking starter.Now he said he
> immeaditly shut the car off and he said it continued to run,not really
> good.He then turned the key to the on postion it ran fine.He took it home
> tried to start it nothing at all no cranking.Im thinking either
> starter,ignition switch,faulty wiring can anyone point me in the right
> direction.Thank you

It's possible that the starter stayed engaged after thw engine started,
that could have been the cause of the noise. It's also possible that killed
the stater. See if you have power to the starter first and go from there.

Old April 17th 08, 09:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
damnnickname

As Mikesaid the starter may stillbe engaged causing the engine to stay
running with the key off. tapon the starter when this happens again to see
if it disengages. If so. Replace the starter.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech