'98 Grand Caravan Sport 3.3

Old February 27th 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default '98 Grand Caravan Sport 3.3

I need to replace the blower motor resistor. Anyone have first hand
knowledge of the location of it. Google gave me different
locatations, or maybe the same location with different access points?
I don't know- just looking for some good advice on how to get in and
change it quickly. It is COLD and I don't have a garage!

One article I read said I need to remove the glovebox
One article I read said it it under the hood, on the firewall,
passenger side.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Old March 16th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:02:23 -0500, jeh_98 wrote:

> I need to replace the blower motor resistor. Anyone have first hand
> knowledge of the location of it. Google gave me different locatations, or
> maybe the same location with different access points? I don't know- just
> looking for some good advice on how to get in and change it quickly. It
> is COLD and I don't have a garage!
>
> One article I read said I need to remove the glovebox One article I read
> said it it under the hood, on the firewall, passenger side.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Thanks!

Not knowing for sure, I would look on the firewall. It will be a lot
easier than tearing the glovebox out (BELIEVE ME!!!) It will probably be
about 1.5" wide and 2-2 1/2 inches long, covered. Unscrew the cover and
have a look!

Old March 16th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Comboverfish

On Feb 27, 7:02 am, wrote:
> I need to replace the blower motor resistor. Anyone have first hand
> knowledge of the location of it. Google gave me different
> locatations, or maybe the same location with different access points?
> I don't know- just looking for some good advice on how to get in and
> change it quickly. It is COLD and I don't have a garage!
>
> One article I read said I need to remove the glovebox
> One article I read said it it under the hood, on the firewall,
> passenger side.
>
> Anyone?

Passenger side firewall, underneath the cowl overhang. Look for a
large 5 terminal connector that appears to be "plugged into" the
firewall. Unplug this connector, and what's left is the blower
resistor. It is held in place by tabs that are integrally moulded
into the plastic housing, so you need to gently pry the assembly away
from the firewall to remove. If need be you can break it as long as
you have the correct replacement ready to go.

Toyota MDT in MO