GPS Tracking Coming to a DMV Near You

Old January 6th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.urban-transit

Default GPS Tracking Coming to a DMV Near You

On 4 Jan 2006 21:47:26 -0800, "Dave in SD" >
wrote:

>I'd never defend any terrorist, from Tim McVeigh to members of Al
>Queda, but lumping all Muslims together as a hate-filled religion is
>the same as saying that all Christians are represented by those who
>bomb abortion clinics, or that all Athiests are represented by some
>teenagers who stole Jesus from manger scenes. None of those groups are

Correct. Why do I do it? Because I believe that even ****ing retards
can eventually get the point when you act as they do. For example,
telling a child not to hit doesn't work as quick as him getting hit
back, as pain has an immediate impact on their thinking. Telling a
child to share doesn't work as well showing him what it is like when
someone doesn't share with him. Unfortunately I think I am mistaken,
because too many people never get the point, and worse, all I seem to
do is **** off those who I really have not intended to **** off. The
only redeeming factor here is that those who are not fanatical will
hopefully get the idea that there are people who hate them because
they refuse to stand up to those in their group who are the bad guys.

Case in point, I have little sympathy for cops who get shot and killed
when others in their department are abusive. Stop defending the bad
cops, and prosecute them, and the people who get abused won't be
shooting at cops anymore. You still will have those who are just
murderers, but the rate of dead cops will go down SIGNIFICANTLY.
Until cops start doing their job, I refuse to be bothered when they
get killed.

>I am certain that Christians and Muslims have things in common, like
>both are members of religions I can respect, as long as they respect
>that their beliefs are simply that. They also accept many of the same
>prophets, and much of the same stories. To say Muslims and Christians
>have no similarities is an obvious falsehood.

Very good. You are an educated man.

>Thousands have died in the name of Christ, thousands have died in the
>name of Allah. Both religions have started holy wars because of
>infidels. Call it a Jihad or call it a Crusade, a holy war by any
>other name still leaves the dead in its wake.

OK, but comparing the crusades to terrorism is bull****, because one
happened centuries ago. As parents tell their kids, get over it
already.

>Both religions taken to an insane extreme have killed innocent
>bystanders. Need I go on?

Nope, but Christians don't do that anymore. There are some who CLAIM
to be Christians, but that is not true. The difference is that there
ARE muslims and muslim leaders who advocate violence. There are no
true Christians who do.

>If all Muslims are terrorists, then all Catholics are child rapists,
>all blacks like watermelon and chicken, all Mexicans rip off the health
>care system, all Irish are drunks, all Germans are Nazis, and all Jews
>are cheap and make movies. See how judging a whole population based on
>a few people can misfire?

****. Now I have to read more bull**** from poohbear and the other
jews who are going to claim that you are antisemetic. Couldn't you
have left them out!!!

>As long as most of the members of different groups keep that straight,
>I'm fine with the group. I really could care less if someone wants to
>be a Nazi, as long as they don't go around injuring others because they
>think they're better. I know what I know and that's enough for me.

Agreed. I don't even have a problem with racism, sexism, ageism or
other similar things, as long as people don't act on them. If you
want to hate blacks, I think that is your right. If you act on that
hatred, well we have a major ****ing problem then.
Old January 6th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.urban-transit

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:03:04 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On 4 Jan 2006 21:47:26 -0800, "Dave in SD" >
>wrote:
>
>>I'd never defend any terrorist, from Tim McVeigh to members of Al
>>Queda, but lumping all Muslims together as a hate-filled religion

>Who is doing that in this thread?

I sure as hell do that. The problem is that although I know I am
doing it to make a point, the point never seems to come across. I
have lots of friends who are muslim. I respect them, I just don't
respect the others in their group who kill. I think I need to figure
out a better way to get that across.
Old January 7th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.urban-transit

DTJ wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:03:04 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> > wrote:
>
> >On 4 Jan 2006 21:47:26 -0800, "Dave in SD" >
> >wrote:
> >
> >>I'd never defend any terrorist, from Tim McVeigh to members of Al
> >>Queda, but lumping all Muslims together as a hate-filled religion

> >Who is doing that in this thread?

> I sure as hell do that. The problem is that although I know I am
> doing it to make a point, the point never seems to come across. I
> have lots of friends who are muslim. I respect them, I just don't
> respect the others in their group who kill. I think I need to figure
> out a better way to get that across.

I think we're finally in agreement then. Your other post explains it
better, but I think we just disagree with the methodology to best reach
those.

In any group there's factions who will misuse the weak, the abused, the
stupid, or otherwise exploitable, but do we want to try to treat them
like dogs and rub their noses in it?

It just seems that giving them a taste of their own medicine will just
incite more people, whereas reaching out to them and letting them see
that the terrorists could just be wrong, and we're not all the Great
Satan might just work a little better.

I'm not saying we go out and forgive the T-holes, but condeming a whole
religion for the actions of a few just seems like a way to push away
those who are neutral about us.

Even though I don't in any way agree with a white supremacist, I just
don't care if they think they're a better person that others. When
that same klansman runs around burning crosses, which again I don't
care about, suddenly I am offended anyway. Go figure.

What's my point? There's no easy answer in dealing with terrorists,
but there has to be a better option than "kill all the Muslims." Just
my opinion though...

Dave

Old January 7th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.urban-transit

On 6 Jan 2006 18:09:49 -0800, "Dave in SD" >
wrote:

>> I sure as hell do that. The problem is that although I know I am
>> doing it to make a point, the point never seems to come across. I
>> have lots of friends who are muslim. I respect them, I just don't
>> respect the others in their group who kill. I think I need to figure
>> out a better way to get that across.

>I think we're finally in agreement then. Your other post explains it
>better, but I think we just disagree with the methodology to best reach
>those.

Yes we are, as I believe you feel it is possible to reach them, and I
don't so I advocate killing them. I have no issue with killing every
terrorist, and I have little issue with collateral damage.

>In any group there's factions who will misuse the weak, the abused, the
>stupid, or otherwise exploitable, but do we want to try to treat them
>like dogs and rub their noses in it?

Those who exploit - kill them like rabid rats.

>It just seems that giving them a taste of their own medicine will just
>incite more people, whereas reaching out to them and letting them see
>that the terrorists could just be wrong, and we're not all the Great
>Satan might just work a little better.

Reaching out to those who are not yet engaged in terrorism, sure, but
we have been doing that for decades and it hasn't worked because the
terrorists have people like al jazera who incite the once innocent to
violence.

>I'm not saying we go out and forgive the T-holes, but condeming a whole
>religion for the actions of a few just seems like a way to push away
>those who are neutral about us.
>
>Even though I don't in any way agree with a white supremacist, I just
>don't care if they think they're a better person that others. When
>that same klansman runs around burning crosses, which again I don't
>care about, suddenly I am offended anyway. Go figure.

That hurts others so incarcerate them or kill them.

*************************
What the heck, so will I.
Dave
Old January 8th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.urban-transit

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Look for public transit usage to explode if anything like this is ever
> enacted.

Look for public transit usage to drop like a stone right now and stay down,
now that the US Gestapo is doing random searching of passengers on transit
systems. (If I were a transit booster I'd be after my local transit agency
to promise non-cooperation with any such efforts.)

Until we get the Fourth and Fifth amendments back completely, the terrorists
have won.
Old January 8th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.urban-transit

Alex Rodriguez wrote:
> Just pay with cash. No way to track that.

How long do you think it will be before our cash has machine readable
serial numbers? I wouldn't be surprised if it's already happened.