Look *look* a post to a.a.a-r

Old February 4th 09, 01:00 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Default Look *look* a post to a.a.a-r

<G>
That makes two in one week!

Seriously, my car, this morning, reported the outside temperature as:
36C, 11C and then 13C

I'm *reasonably* sure this is incorrect, especially as I can still see
snow outside.

Is the exterior sensor linked to anything important in terms of engine
management / consumption?

TIA
116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old February 4th 09, 05:43 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Catman > wrote:

> <G>
> That makes two in one week!
>
> Seriously, my car, this morning, reported the outside temperature as:
> 36C, 11C and then 13C
>
> I'm *reasonably* sure this is incorrect, especially as I can still see
> snow outside.
>
> Is the exterior sensor linked to anything important in terms of engine
> management / consumption?
>
> TIA

Not AFAIK. Might be linked to the climate, but unlikely on a 156 as the
cimate is nowhere near as advanced as it is in a VW, which does use the
external temp. sensor as part of its calculations.
www.italiancar.co.uk - Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed
Alfa 75 TSpark Lusso - Ducati 750SS - <Company car pending>
Old February 4th 09, 08:46 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> <G>
>> That makes two in one week!
>>
>> Seriously, my car, this morning, reported the outside temperature as:
>> 36C, 11C and then 13C
>>
>> I'm *reasonably* sure this is incorrect, especially as I can still see
>> snow outside.
>>
>> Is the exterior sensor linked to anything important in terms of engine
>> management / consumption?
>>
>> TIA

> Not AFAIK. Might be linked to the climate, but unlikely on a 156 as the
> cimate is nowhere near as advanced as it is in a VW, which does use the
> external temp. sensor as part of its calculations.

Well, the climate is definiteley keener at blowing air out. It's not so
keen at keeping it warm, but liveable.

It seemed to be sorting it's ideas out on the way home.

Old February 5th 09, 12:01 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 20:46:30 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

>Well, the climate is definiteley keener at blowing air out. It's not so
>keen at keeping it warm, but liveable.

If you mean it's keener at blowing chilled air out, that may be
because the compressor is running when it normally wouldn't.

>It seemed to be sorting it's ideas out on the way home.

The temp sensor is in the passenger side mirror..door wiring harness
chafing?

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject will be auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old February 5th 09, 12:01 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 13:00:18 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

><G>
>That makes two in one week!

I've just done three posts..do I get a prize?

Old February 5th 09, 02:02 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Zathras wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 20:46:30 +0000, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> Well, the climate is definiteley keener at blowing air out. It's not so
>> keen at keeping it warm, but liveable.

> If you mean it's keener at blowing chilled air out, that may be
> because the compressor is running when it normally wouldn't.

Nah, it's just keener at blowing air out when you start the car.
Previously the engine had to get warm before the blower would kick on
(when set to auto and high temp)

Now the blower blows almost immediately, and the air that it puts out
gets hotter with the engine IYSWIM

>> It seemed to be sorting it's ideas out on the way home.

> The temp sensor is in the passenger side mirror..door wiring harness
> chafing?

Could be, though the trunk looks OK.

It's a very minor annoyance I think.

Old February 6th 09, 11:33 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_10_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> <G>
> That makes two in one week!
>
> Seriously, my car, this morning, reported the outside temperature as:
> 36C, 11C and then 13C

Was the wing mirror (temp sensor) in the sun, but out of the wind?

Old February 6th 09, 01:59 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> <G>
>> That makes two in one week!
>>
>> Seriously, my car, this morning, reported the outside temperature as:
>> 36C, 11C and then 13C

> Was the wing mirror (temp sensor) in the sun, but out of the wind?

heh. No. We have snow here.....

Old February 6th 09, 03:58 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 14:02:18 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

>Nah, it's just keener at blowing air out when you start the car.
>Previously the engine had to get warm before the blower would kick on
>(when set to auto and high temp)
>
>Now the blower blows almost immediately, and the air that it puts out
>gets hotter with the engine IYSWIM

Ah yes..I see. That's the only other bit of Alfa CC cleverness. When I
get out of work on freezing nights at 01:00, it can sometimes take 5
miles before I get *ANY* air out of the vents. For some
direction/function settings, it can be keener to blow earlier. I think
the Alfa CC is cleverer than anybody (including the designer and
definitely including qualified Service mechanics) knows.