BIG Ford recall - catches fire even with ignition off !

Old April 6th 05, 06:16 PM
Burnt

Default BIG Ford recall - catches fire even with ignition off !

In January Ford issued a recall of 800,000 vehicles. But I just heard
from a guy whose car (a 2000 Navigator) caught fire in his driveway a
few days ago. He hadn't heard about the recall. That is why I am
mentioning it here.

If you have a Ford with cruise control, it could catch fire. The fires
originate in the electrical system, and can occur even when the ignition
is OFF. Many fires have occurred with the car parked at home in the
garage, and some of those have destroyed the whole house. Have a look
at http://www.flamingfords.info

Be careful.

Burnt
Old April 11th 05, 12:57 AM
Mark D

Hi, I once read that the '92 Lincoln Town Car had similar problems to
this, that they'd catch fire. MD

Old April 13th 05, 01:53 AM
burnt

Those fires may have been from the ignition switch problem they had at
that time. That too is covered at flamingfords.info.

Burnt

Mark D wrote:

>Hi, I once read that the '92 Lincoln Town Car had similar problems to
>this, that they'd catch fire. MD

Ford Motor Shifts Gears? [email protected] Ford Mustang 16 April 2nd 05 02:56 AM
Great News For The Ford Faithful! [email protected] Ford Mustang 0 March 29th 05 05:04 AM
car catches on fire Tim923 Driving 16 January 29th 05 06:36 AM
Ford Escape Ignition Key Problem msterspy General 0 January 27th 05 09:53 PM
Ford to recall 2004 tranny's MikePier Ford Explorer 0 November 20th 04 05:07 PM