LW300 oil changes... Where did you get the T45???

Old December 29th 04, 04:05 PM
MechEeee

Default LW300 oil changes... Where did you get the T45???

Yea I was very suprised to see that torx plug on there... and thanks so
much for posting the size, but where did you end up getting one?
David wrote:
> The oil drain plug on the L300 takes a T45 torx bit (I was pretty
> surprised to see the torx fitting when I went to change the oil the
> first time... I didn't have one that large!... I do now!)
>
> wrote:
>
> > Anyone happen to know the Torx size required to remove the oil

drain

Old December 30th 04, 12:04 AM
Kevin M. Keller

"MechEeee" > typed until their fingers bled, and came up
with:

> Yea I was very suprised to see that torx plug on there... and thanks so
> much for posting the size, but where did you end up getting one?

Sears has them, as will any autoparts store that carries tools (autozone,
napa, etc.)

--
Visit the Saturn Performance Club - http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com
Old December 31st 04, 12:21 AM
Oppie

I got a whole set of Lisle male and female Torx drivers. Found them at a
good local auto parts store though Sears carries them too. I believe that it
is a T45 for the oil plug. I use the torx on a breaker bar for better
control.
To remove the oil filter housing, just budge it with a hex wrench then spin
it off with a 3/8" ratchet wrench in the square center recess.
Oppie

oups.com...

Old January 3rd 05, 02:12 PM
Oppie

Finally remembered to look in the tool box. It is a T40 for the oil plug.

Old January 3rd 05, 02:12 PM
Oppie

Old January 3rd 05, 02:12 PM
Oppie

SES light came on, lw300 Oppie Saturn 5 August 28th 04 07:54 PM
03 LW300 broken comfort control EKelley Saturn 1 June 18th 04 05:19 PM
LW300 feeling its oats Oppie Saturn 5 May 19th 04 01:22 PM
LW300 Oil change Oppie Saturn 7 May 17th 04 11:45 PM
01 LW300 heater Oppie Saturn 2 May 12th 04 02:57 PM