location of Transmission Control Unit on '97 Odyssey & '93 Accord?

Old July 23rd 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
KWW[_1_]

Default location of Transmission Control Unit on '97 Odyssey & '93 Accord?

Anybody have picture of where this control unit is located on each vehicle?
Also, anybody happen to know if it is the same part for both vehicles?

Today my daughter accidently wrecked our '97 van (155,000 miles) and, given
the value listed on Edmunds, I suspect that the insurance company will
"total" it. (got hit in the driver's door, shattered the glass, mushed the
door up against the seat, and may have bent the unibody strut tower area
since the alignment is off quite a bit and it rides oddly).

She was driving the van because her '93's transmission light was flashing.
Used to be only once and a while and, if the motor was turned off for 10
seconds, it would be fine again, but it got worse, so I was going to look
for a replacement module. Same basic engine, and I suspect it is the same
basic tranny. I thought if they did total the van, maybe I could swap out
that part.

Any ideas?
--
KWW

Old July 23rd 06, 07:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
'Curly Q. Links'

KWW wrote:

> Anybody have picture of where this control unit is located on each vehicle?
> Also, anybody happen to know if it is the same part for both vehicles?
>
> Today my daughter accidently wrecked our '97 van (155,000 miles) and, given
> the value listed on Edmunds, I suspect that the insurance company will
> "total" it. (got hit in the driver's door, shattered the glass, mushed the
> door up against the seat, and may have bent the unibody strut tower area
> since the alignment is off quite a bit and it rides oddly).
>
> She was driving the van because her '93's transmission light was flashing.
> Used to be only once and a while and, if the motor was turned off for 10
> seconds, it would be fine again, but it got worse, so I was going to look
> for a replacement module. Same basic engine, and I suspect it is the same
> basic tranny. I thought if they did total the van, maybe I could swap out
> that part.
>
> Any ideas?
> --
> KWW

-----------------------------------

www.slhondaparts.com has all the diagrams you need. No help on the idea.

'Curly'
Old July 23rd 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

Ebay lists several Honda Accord TCUs around 93 right now for
around $20 to $150 each.

I do not think they're the same for your Accord and Ody.
Here are the sites I examined:

On the Accord, it's in the passenger footwell near the ECU.
See
http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m...l/400/9-22.pdf
and
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...CO NTROL+UNIT

For a 95 Odyssey EX, you can see a drawing at the link
below. Unfortunately the 97 Ody's drawing suggests it does
not have the TCU, or at least it's not where it is for the
95 Ody and the 93 Accord. Also, even the 95 Ody TCU does not
have either the same part number or price as the 93 Accord's
TCU, per slhonda.com

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...IT+%28CABIN%29

"KWW" > wrote

Old July 24th 06, 11:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
KWW[_1_]

Thanks for all of the thorough information! I have to figure out what to do
with both cars and this helps.
--
KWW

"Elle" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Ebay lists several Honda Accord TCUs around 93 right now for around $20 to
> $150 each.
>
> I do not think they're the same for your Accord and Ody. Here are the
> sites I examined:
>
> On the Accord, it's in the passenger footwell near the ECU. See
> http://media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/m...l/400/9-22.pdf
> and
> http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...CO NTROL+UNIT
>
> For a 95 Odyssey EX, you can see a drawing at the link below.
> Unfortunately the 97 Ody's drawing suggests it does not have the TCU, or
> at least it's not where it is for the 95 Ody and the 93 Accord. Also, even
> the 95 Ody TCU does not have either the same part number or price as the
> 93 Accord's TCU, per slhonda.com
>
> http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...IT+%28CABIN%29
>

> "KWW" > wrote
>> Anybody have picture of where this control unit is located on each
>> vehicle?
>> Also, anybody happen to know if it is the same part for both vehicles?
>>
>> Today my daughter accidently wrecked our '97 van (155,000 miles) and,
>> given the value listed on Edmunds, I suspect that the insurance company
>> will "total" it. (got hit in the driver's door, shattered the glass,
>> mushed the door up against the seat, and may have bent the unibody strut
>> tower area since the alignment is off quite a bit and it rides oddly).
>>
>> She was driving the van because her '93's transmission light was
>> flashing. Used to be only once and a while and, if the motor was turned
>> off for 10 seconds, it would be fine again, but it got worse, so I was
>> going to look for a replacement module. Same basic engine, and I suspect
>> it is the same basic tranny. I thought if they did total the van, maybe
>> I could swap out that part.
>>
>> Any ideas?

OEM Honda parts catalogs for sale Joe Honda 1 June 25th 06 09:00 PM
1999 Odyssey transmission johnin Honda 0 June 10th 06 08:54 AM
1999 Odyssey transmission Frank Kerfoot Honda 3 June 10th 06 03:35 AM
93 Accord Cruise Control... Pulling my hair out Alex1979 Honda 1 October 31st 04 03:40 AM