Bra and car cover

Old December 5th 04, 08:25 AM
D.K.R.

When I bought my '80 it had a bra on it. The bra was in terrible shape and
was the first thing to go. Unfortunately, it looked like hell because the
paint under the nose didn't fade with the rest of the car.

We're putting on the primer on Monday

Old December 5th 04, 03:38 PM
FastAutoSports

Skunkfeet,

Bras are a pain. Everytime you want to wash and wax your car, you will
have to take it off and won't be able to put it back on until after
the car dries. You really don't want to get that moisture trapped in
between the bra and the paintjob. And don't believe all the
"breathable" hype. When it comes to bras, its just hype. After taking
and on and off constantly, the bra won't last long.

But the Pros is that you should be able to keep most of the rock chips
away

-Tom

Old December 5th 04, 07:05 PM
Gerry

The clear 3M bra is probably a better way to go.... in many cases you can't
even see it once they get it on "right"

Gerry
Ft Collins, Co.

Old December 5th 04, 10:59 PM
SVTKate

Isn't it kind of like a sheet of adhesive that sticks to the surface in a
permanent kind of way?

I used something like that on my skis, it was more mess than anything.

Kate

Old December 5th 04, 11:04 PM
Gumby

I thought you were going to say you had a bra like that

--
Jim
Dark Shadow Grey '04 GT

ink.net...

Old December 6th 04, 12:45 AM
351CJ

"Skunkfeet" > wrote in message
> My 90LX comes home from the paint shop today. It is a weekend driver,
> cruise-ins and car shows with joy rides in between. I am looking for pros

and
> cons of bras and covers. Thanks

I don't care the type or method, every car bra will eventually mar your
paint, by rubbing the paint itself or the road dirt trapped between it and
the paint or by fogging the paint because of moisture. At very least your
paint on the rest of the car will fade and the paint under the bra will not.
The only way they work ok is if you never plan to take it off.

Old December 6th 04, 12:23 PM
SVTKate

LMAO!

OUCH!

"Gumby" > wrote in message
|I thought you were going to say you had a bra like that
|
| --
| Jim
| Dark Shadow Grey '04 GT
|
| "SVTKate" > wrote in message
| ink.net...
| > Isn't it kind of like a sheet of adhesive that sticks to the surface in
| > permanent kind of way?
| >
| > I used something like that on my skis, it was more mess than anything.
| >
| > Kate
| >
| > "Gerry" > wrote in message
| > | The clear 3M bra is probably a better way to go.... in many cases you
| > can't
| > | even see it once they get it on "right"
| > |
| > | Gerry