2001 Audi A6...Buying Advice

Old July 11th 04, 07:52 PM

Default 2001 Audi A6...Buying Advice

Hi Chaps!

I'm lookin at the 2001 Audi A6...its got 'bout 45000 miles on
it...asking price $18000.
Checked up CarFax...and it mentions that this one was involved in an
accident that was reported to the police, in 2002. It goes on to
mention that it had no DMV reported total loss events. Drove
it...drives well. Saw it...looks real nice

Asked the salesman...he said it had to have its right fender replaced
and the hood had to be painted. I got a police case # from carfax, but
dunno if there's any way i can pull up more info 'bout what actually
happened...all carfax says is "Accident Reported- Vehicle involved in
crash with another vehicle". Is there some way i can get more info on
this?

What do u guyz say? Go or No Go?

Thanx in advance,

Old July 11th 04, 09:06 PM
Jim

Z wrote:

> Hi Chaps!
>
> I'm lookin at the 2001 Audi A6...its got 'bout 45000 miles on
> it...asking price $18000.
> Checked up CarFax...and it mentions that this one was involved in an
> accident that was reported to the police, in 2002. It goes on to
> mention that it had no DMV reported total loss events. Drove
> it...drives well. Saw it...looks real nice
>
> Asked the salesman...he said it had to have its right fender replaced
> and the hood had to be painted. I got a police case # from carfax, but
> dunno if there's any way i can pull up more info 'bout what actually
> happened...all carfax says is "Accident Reported- Vehicle involved in
> crash with another vehicle". Is there some way i can get more info on
> this?
>
> What do u guyz say? Go or No Go?
>
> Thanx in advance,

I'd have a body shop take a look at it. If it was fixed properly it
should be fine.

Old July 16th 04, 04:04 PM

Thanx Jim!

I'm takin it to a body shop this weekend. Lets hope its all good.

Jim > wrote in message >...
> Z wrote:
>
> > Hi Chaps!
> >
> > I'm lookin at the 2001 Audi A6...its got 'bout 45000 miles on
> > it...asking price $18000.
> > Checked up CarFax...and it mentions that this one was involved in an
> > accident that was reported to the police, in 2002. It goes on to
> > mention that it had no DMV reported total loss events. Drove
> > it...drives well. Saw it...looks real nice
> >
> > Asked the salesman...he said it had to have its right fender replaced
> > and the hood had to be painted. I got a police case # from carfax, but
> > dunno if there's any way i can pull up more info 'bout what actually
> > happened...all carfax says is "Accident Reported- Vehicle involved in
> > crash with another vehicle". Is there some way i can get more info on
> > this?
> >
> > What do u guyz say? Go or No Go?
> >
> > Thanx in advance,

> I'd have a body shop take a look at it. If it was fixed properly it
> should be fine.

Early GTV: Buying Advice Simon C Alfa Romeo 2 June 29th 04 09:20 PM
2001 Audi TT Quattro FOR SALE Gary Audi 0 June 14th 04 03:46 PM
Xenon headlights - 2001 vs. 2004 Audi Gilbert M. Kowie Audi 1 June 1st 04 05:33 PM
Buying a used Audi..UK Tigerheart Audi 5 May 27th 04 11:29 AM
Used 156 buying Advice Please ? Steve Haigh Alfa Romeo 0 April 28th 04 09:12 PM