Temperature Meter

Old April 4th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Sunset Sam

Default Temperature Meter

I've got a generic automotive temperature meter made by ANC, and I'm
wondering how to hook it up.

I suppose this general non-Mustang related question might be better for
another group, but I follow this group occasionally and know there are
some very knowledgable people here, so I thought I'd just ask here.

I bought this temperature meter from JC Whitney about 15 years ago. I'm
wondering how to wire the power, and sensor/probe. It has 3 connections
on the back marked S, G, & I
The meter did not come with a probe or instructions. Does anyone know
if it uses a thermistor probe, or maybe a type K thermocouple, or some
other type of generic probe I can purchase? I want to use it for a 12V
non-automotive application so I can probably rig any reasonably
inexpensive automotive probe that will work with this meter.

Old April 5th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL

Sunset Sam wrote:
> I've got a generic automotive temperature meter made by ANC, and I'm
> wondering how to hook it up.
>
> I suppose this general non-Mustang related question might be better for
> another group, but I follow this group occasionally and know there are
> some very knowledgable people here, so I thought I'd just ask here.
>
> I bought this temperature meter from JC Whitney about 15 years ago. I'm
> wondering how to wire the power, and sensor/probe. It has 3 connections
> on the back marked S, G, & I

sensor, ground & ignition?
> The meter did not come with a probe or instructions. Does anyone know
> if it uses a thermistor probe, or maybe a type K thermocouple, or some
> other type of generic probe I can purchase? I want to use it for a 12V
> non-automotive application so I can probably rig any reasonably
> inexpensive automotive probe that will work with this meter.

thermistors and thermocouples have two wires, the
later being polarized. A bulb type probe, I don't
know.

--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces
Old April 17th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Sunset Sam

Thanks Gill. Got a bulb type sensor, 3/8 NPT, $8, and it worked out
perfectly for what I'm doing. I appreciate your suggestions.

Old April 18th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL

Sunset Sam wrote:
> Thanks Gill. Got a bulb type sensor, 3/8 NPT, $8, and it worked out
> perfectly for what I'm doing. I appreciate your suggestions.

Good deal

--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces

air flow meter vivfazer VW water cooled 8 February 1st 07 07:21 PM
air flow meter paul mcmillen Audi 0 February 24th 06 08:06 PM
double air flow meter [email protected] Technology 3 February 21st 06 08:13 PM
How do I Connect my Dwell Meter DNK Technology 7 October 19th 05 10:48 AM
what is a "G" meter in the HUD RM Corvette 8 February 13th 05 02:30 AM