hard wire ipod plug to OEM radio?

Old September 29th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

Default hard wire ipod plug to OEM radio?

My 02 SC2 has the optional CD/cassette deck which allows you to upgrade to a
dealer-installed center inatlled 6 CD changer. I dont have the CD changer. I
do have an Delphi XM roady 2 with the cassette adapter. I was wondering if
there was any way to wire the radio to an ipod compatible jack so I can
directly plug my roady 2 into my radio using what would be the connection
for the 6 CD changer?

--
marx404

Old September 30th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bob Shuman

Use an iPod FM modulator. Fairly cheap and no hacking required.

Bob

Old September 30th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

thanks anyways, but FM modulation provides the worst of the choices for
sound as compared to direct connection, thats my goal, direct connection to
radio. Per XM manual, hard wire is best, FM mod worst.

marx404

Old October 2nd 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_2_]

Check with Crutchfield or your local pro car audio installer. My son got a
software mod on his GM truck radio to allow direct audio input on the stock
radio. It even shows "ext audio" on the display of the radio when selected.
Everything is software driven these days so all it takes is the right
programs and sometimes the right 'dongle' to hack things together. The pros
have figured it out already...
Oppie

"marx404" > wrote in message
> thanks anyways, but FM modulation provides the worst of the choices for
> sound as compared to direct connection, thats my goal, direct connection

> radio. Per XM manual, hard wire is best, FM mod worst.
>
> marx404

AWA [OFFER] spark plug wire set [email protected] General 0 May 2nd 06 11:51 AM
'06 Mustang Colors, Part II Ken Zwyers Ford Mustang 37 February 11th 06 04:45 AM
'94 buick park ave, delco radio stuck in station scan, fix ? Rob B Technology 10 December 10th 05 01:04 AM
258 head swap? Steve G Jeep 8 October 4th 05 04:34 PM
Early C3: Hard to Find 2182 Radio Bulb? pgtr Corvette 2 August 21st 04 08:31 AM