Power door window repair 1988 Grand Wagoneer

Old January 27th 10, 07:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
mark

Default Power door window repair 1988 Grand Wagoneer

The white plastic tractor track feed broke and I hate paying retail.
I've scoured the net and youtube for a video on how to replace this
but can only get sketchy instructions. Seems I can unbolt the window
and slide all the way up and hold it up with shims placed in the
weatherstrip in the door to keep it up. I have a four foot piece of
the plastic track. I just need to know the steps I need to follow to
slide the broken piece out and the new one in.

TIA
Old January 27th 10, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

They even know where to buy those tracks NEW and inexpensively too!
--
later,
dave AKA vwdoc1

Old January 28th 10, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
mark

On Jan 27, 5:07*pm, "dave AKA vwdoc1" >
> They even know where to buy those tracks NEW and inexpensively too!
> --
> later,
> dave AKA vwdoc1
>
> "mark" > wrote in message

> > The white plastic tractor track feed broke and I hate paying retail.
> > I've scoured the net and youtube for a video on how to replace this
> > but can only get sketchy instructions. Seems I can unbolt the window
> > and slide all the way up and hold it up with shims placed in the
> > weatherstrip in the door to keep it up. I have a four foot piece of
> > the plastic track. I just need to know the steps I need to follow to
> > slide the broken piece out and the new one in.

> > TIA- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, will try it.
Old January 29th 10, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

On Jan 27, 4:08*pm, mark > wrote:
> On Jan 27, 5:07*pm, "dave AKA vwdoc1" >

> > They even know where to buy those tracks NEW and inexpensively too!
> > --
> > later,
> > dave AKA vwdoc1

> > "mark" > wrote in message

> > > The white plastic tractor track feed broke and I hate paying retail.
> > > I've scoured the net and youtube for a video on how to replace this
> > > but can only get sketchy instructions. Seems I can unbolt the window
> > > and slide all the way up and hold it up with shims placed in the
> > > weatherstrip in the door to keep it up. I have a four foot piece of
> > > the plastic track. I just need to know the steps I need to follow to
> > > slide the broken piece out and the new one in.

> > > TIA- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks, will try it.

I might suggest you email this fellow...

Saul Schapiro at

He sells a complete window repair kit for each Wagoneer window,
complete with all the components necessary to repair the nylon drive
chain, and very good step-by-step instructions on how to do it. I
have done this repair, according to Saul's instructions, and it
turned a very daunting job into a manageable one.

Good luck!

Old January 30th 10, 06:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Apple2Steward

www.grandwagoneers.com has been down for several months.

Old January 31st 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L W (Bill) Hughes III

Hi mark,
If your truck were newer, you could run the vehicle's VIN number for
it's build slip via a Dealer or Jeep's contact via their home page and
request a build sheet. Yours may be still caught in your front seat's
springs.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm

Old January 31st 10, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L W (Bill) Hughes III

Hi mark,
If your truck were newer, you could run the vehicle's VIN number for
it's build slip via a Dealer or Jeep's contact via thir home page and
request a build sheet. Yours may still be caught in your front seat's
springs.