Wis State Senator Runs Over and Kills Granddaughter

Old July 15th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Wis State Senator Runs Over and Kills Granddaughter

http://www.wrn.com/gestalt/go.cfm?ob...A78BD632B201BD

State senator accidently runs over, kills granddaughter
Friday, July 13, 2007, 1:56 PM
By Jackie Johnson

State Senator Dave HansenThere's tragic news coming out of Green Bay
today involving the death of a little girl. Wisconsin State Senator Dave
Hansen (D-Green Bay) was backing out of his driveway at about 8:40 this
morning when he accidentally ran over his granddaughter. The toddler,
Elliana Zaidel, was just five days away from her 2nd birthday.

In a statement, Hansen said neither he nor his wife Jane, who was in the
car with him, saw the child run from the house to the rear of the
vehicle, as they were leaving. The statement from Hansen's office says
"Ellie adored her grandfather and she was the apple of his eye."

The statement also says that Hansen, who will be 60 in December, is in
"deep shock" and is "attending to the needs of his family." The family
is asking that you keep them in your prayers at this time of deep loss
and tragedy. Hansen has three children and seven grandchildren.

---------------

Didn't look where he was going and now a kid is dead but nothing will be
done to him.
Old July 15th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
MLOM

On Jul 14, 8:49 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> wrote:
> http://www.wrn.com/gestalt/go.cfm?ob...F-8496-A7A78BD...
>
> State senator accidently runs over, kills granddaughter
> Friday, July 13, 2007, 1:56 PM
> By Jackie Johnson
>
> State Senator Dave HansenThere's tragic news coming out of Green Bay
> today involving the death of a little girl. Wisconsin State Senator Dave
> Hansen (D-Green Bay) was backing out of his driveway at about 8:40 this
> morning when he accidentally ran over his granddaughter. The toddler,
> Elliana Zaidel, was just five days away from her 2nd birthday.
>
> In a statement, Hansen said neither he nor his wife Jane, who was in the
> car with him, saw the child run from the house to the rear of the
> vehicle, as they were leaving. The statement from Hansen's office says
> "Ellie adored her grandfather and she was the apple of his eye."
>
> The statement also says that Hansen, who will be 60 in December, is in
> "deep shock" and is "attending to the needs of his family." The family
> is asking that you keep them in your prayers at this time of deep loss
> and tragedy. Hansen has three children and seven grandchildren.
>
> ---------------
>
> Didn't look where he was going and now a kid is dead but nothing will be
> done to him.

I can't exactly disagree with you there...the politician factor backs
up your conclusion. It worked for the Ted.

Old July 15th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Bo Raxo[_2_]

"MLOM" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Jul 14, 8:49 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> > wrote:
>> http://www.wrn.com/gestalt/go.cfm?ob...F-8496-A7A78BD...
>>
>> State senator accidently runs over, kills granddaughter
>> Friday, July 13, 2007, 1:56 PM
>> By Jackie Johnson
>>
>> State Senator Dave HansenThere's tragic news coming out of Green Bay
>> today involving the death of a little girl. Wisconsin State Senator Dave
>> Hansen (D-Green Bay) was backing out of his driveway at about 8:40 this
>> morning when he accidentally ran over his granddaughter. The toddler,
>> Elliana Zaidel, was just five days away from her 2nd birthday.
>>
>> In a statement, Hansen said neither he nor his wife Jane, who was in the
>> car with him, saw the child run from the house to the rear of the
>> vehicle, as they were leaving. The statement from Hansen's office says
>> "Ellie adored her grandfather and she was the apple of his eye."
>>
>> The statement also says that Hansen, who will be 60 in December, is in
>> "deep shock" and is "attending to the needs of his family." The family
>> is asking that you keep them in your prayers at this time of deep loss
>> and tragedy. Hansen has three children and seven grandchildren.

Was he speeding? Drunk? If not, then it kind of undermines your whole
theory...

>> ---------------
>>
>> Didn't look where he was going and now a kid is dead but nothing will be
>> done to him.

> I can't exactly disagree with you there...the politician factor backs
> up your conclusion. It worked for the Ted.

And have you heard of *anyone*, politician or not, who killed a kid while
backing out of their driveway, being charged with anything?

Oh, but never mind facts, it's an excuse to bring up Chappaquidick! Yeah,
one dead, nothing like Bush's six figure (and rising) death toll in Iraq.
You're stupid AND a hypocrite.

Bo Raxo

Old July 15th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
tiny dancer

"MLOM" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Jul 14, 8:49 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> > wrote:
> > http://www.wrn.com/gestalt/go.cfm?ob...F-8496-A7A78BD...
> >
> > State senator accidently runs over, kills granddaughter
> > Friday, July 13, 2007, 1:56 PM
> > By Jackie Johnson
> >
> > State Senator Dave HansenThere's tragic news coming out of Green Bay
> > today involving the death of a little girl. Wisconsin State Senator Dave
> > Hansen (D-Green Bay) was backing out of his driveway at about 8:40 this
> > morning when he accidentally ran over his granddaughter. The toddler,
> > Elliana Zaidel, was just five days away from her 2nd birthday.
> >
> > In a statement, Hansen said neither he nor his wife Jane, who was in the
> > car with him, saw the child run from the house to the rear of the
> > vehicle, as they were leaving. The statement from Hansen's office says
> > "Ellie adored her grandfather and she was the apple of his eye."
> >
> > The statement also says that Hansen, who will be 60 in December, is in
> > "deep shock" and is "attending to the needs of his family." The family
> > is asking that you keep them in your prayers at this time of deep loss
> > and tragedy. Hansen has three children and seven grandchildren.
> >
> > ---------------
> >
> > Didn't look where he was going and now a kid is dead but nothing will be
> > done to him.

> I can't exactly disagree with you there...the politician factor backs
> up your conclusion. It worked for the Ted.

Poor man. Poor baby. Tragic accident.

td

Old July 15th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Jerry Okamura

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message ink.net...

> http://www.wrn.com/gestalt/go.cfm?ob...A78BD632B201BD
>
> State senator accidently runs over, kills granddaughter
> Friday, July 13, 2007, 1:56 PM
> By Jackie Johnson
>
> State Senator Dave HansenThere's tragic news coming out of Green Bay today
> involving the death of a little girl. Wisconsin State Senator Dave Hansen
> (D-Green Bay) was backing out of his driveway at about 8:40 this morning
> when he accidentally ran over his granddaughter. The toddler, Elliana
> Zaidel, was just five days away from her 2nd birthday.
>
> In a statement, Hansen said neither he nor his wife Jane, who was in the
> car with him, saw the child run from the house to the rear of the vehicle,
> as they were leaving. The statement from Hansen's office says "Ellie
> adored her grandfather and she was the apple of his eye."
>
> The statement also says that Hansen, who will be 60 in December, is in
> "deep shock" and is "attending to the needs of his family." The family is
> asking that you keep them in your prayers at this time of deep loss and
> tragedy. Hansen has three children and seven grandchildren.
>
> ---------------
>
> Didn't look where he was going and now a kid is dead but nothing will be
> done to him.

It was an accident for gods sake. Anyone who is around children, knows that
the same thing could happen to them. It happens all the time.

Old July 15th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Jerry Okamura

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message ink.net...
> tiny dancer wrote:
>

>> Poor man. Poor baby. Tragic accident.
>>

>> td
>>

> What makes you think this was an accident?. Oh yeah, the driver says so.

What makes you think it was not an accident? How do you know that there
were not others who saw what happened? What would be his motive for running
over his grandchild?

Old July 15th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Jerry Okamura

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message ink.net...
> MLOM wrote:
>

>> I can't exactly disagree with you there...the politician factor backs
>> up your conclusion. It worked for the Ted.
>>

> Yup - this guy was prolly drunk as a dog but we'll never hear about that.

How do you know the guy was drunk?

Old July 15th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
tiny dancer

http://www.wfrv.com/news/local/story...5-aa72ffe4f3b8

Photo of the adorable baby at link:

The toddler granddaughter of State Senator Dave Hansen has died after being
hit by a car outside the home of the senator on Coppens Road in Green Bay.

Hansen's office has confirmed the death of Ellie Zaidel, releasing a
statement that reads in part, " Senator Hansen was leaving to attend a
meeting at approximately 8:40, when his granddaughter unbeknownst to either
him or her grandmother, ran out of the house and behind his car and was
struck as he was backing out of the driveway."

Neighbors we talked with said they saw Senator Hansen flag down a police
officer after the accident while others called 911.

"I noticed that somebody said something that he got down on his hands and
knees and he was sobbing real bad," neighbor Raymond Buss said.

Police are not releasing any more details but it was obvious that police
leaving the scene were very shaken up as well.

The statement from Senator Hansen's office said Ellie "was the apple of his
eye." The child would have turned two years old next week.

"Senator Hansen is in deep shock and currently attending to the needs of his
family. The family requests understanding and respect for their privacy at
this time of deep loss and family tragedy, and ask people to keep them in
their prayers," the statement goes on to say.

Senator Hansen and his wife Jane had wonderful relationships with their
three daughters and seven grandchildren. So it was no surprise 23-month-old
Ellie was a fixture in her grandparents' neighborhood.

"Loving family. They would do anything for their daughter. They were a
loving family and they took good care of the kid," neighbor Mike Lower said.

"I don't quite understand how something like this could happen," Wilbert
Prepanar, another neighbor, said.

Several of Hansen's neighbors were getting ready for work when the accident
happened. It was clear talking with several neighbors that Hansen loved his
granddaughter. Ellie May, as they say he called her, was always at the
Hansen house playing.

Neighbors say they can't even imagine what the senator and his family are
going through.

As a dad of three boys, Matt Nurczyk says he's still in shock over the
accident he woke up to Friday morning. "It was like stepping into a movie,
all of the police cars all over the place."

"He was frantic. I don't know how I would've handled... I would have been
really frantic, too, being a parent, seeing a loved one accidentally hit,
you causing harm. I can't... boy.... It's really a shock," Lower said.

A lot of people said they're keeping the Hansens in their prayers.

"My heart goes out to these people in this moment of tragedy," Nurczyk said.

Old July 15th 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics

Old July 15th 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics