Bulletproof Bumpers and my sad tale of woe.

Old July 25th 05, 04:43 PM
Jeepers!

Default Bulletproof Bumpers and my sad tale of woe.

I ordered my bumpers back in March. A CJ front bumper and a rear bumper
and tire and jerry can carrier and two receiver hitch license plate
brackets. Was told they would be here in 10 days.

Two weeks later I got a front bumper.

Two weeks after that I called and asked where the rest was. He said
they would be here in a week.

Several weeks later, middle of May, I called again. This time I was
told they were out of CJ bumpers and they were expecting them in any
day now and I would have mine by Memorial day (end of May).

Middle of June I called again, ****ed. This time he doesn't have any
idea who I am or why I'm angry and that I must have ordered from the
previous company (Bulletproof doesn't actually exist anymore). I
explain that I have spoken to him so many times that I can now
recognize his voice and that I have a partially filled order of his
product at my house bolted to my Jeep. He still doesn't know who I am,
until I read him the invoice number. Oh! I remember you now! He says
the bumpers are there now and he'll ship it out first thing in the
morning, PERSONALLY.

Two weeks later. No bumper.
I call and tell him he has ten days to get my product to me or I will
make two calls, one to the Better Businees Bureau and the other to my
Credit Card Company. He swears I'll have it in three days.

Nine days later. Most of the rest of the order arrives. I still have
not seen the license plate brackets to this day.

No installation instructions. Just baggies of nuts, bolts, brackets and
washers labled in a Doctor's style handwriting.

The rear bumper didn't fit. It required extensive trimming to work. No
biggie that's how one builds a Jeep. But of the eight bolt holes in the
rear bumper, only six were tapped. And of course they were the last two
I tried to put bolts into during the install. Arrrg!

1. Partial shipment.
2. MONTHS of delay in the rest of shipment.
3. Some of the oder STILL have not arrived.
4. No instructions.
5. Rear bumper did not fit. I still have yet to assemble the tire
carrier, we'll see if at least it works.
6. Mounting bolts not tapped. I guess the assembler simply went home in
the middle of a piece.
7. The salesman NEVER answers the phone.
8. The online ordering system does NOTHING. I had ordered online back
in JANUARY, online.
9. He lost my order at least once.

Old July 25th 05, 10:01 PM
thomas

Thanks for the warning!

Jeepers! wrote:

> I ordered my bumpers back in March. A CJ front bumper and a rear bumper
> and tire and jerry can carrier and two receiver hitch license plate
> brackets. Was told they would be here in 10 days.

SNIP

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)
Old July 26th 05, 01:38 AM
jbjeep

Sounds typical of them to me.

Old July 26th 05, 01:45 AM
Nathan Otis

I'm sorry to hear that cause those guys make a pretty nice product. I'll
take this opportunity to mention a friend of mine though... If you like the
styling of Bulletproof, you owe it to yourself to take a look at:

www.rokmen.com

I bought something like the 3rd Rokmen bumper sold and never had any issues
with the product or the company. Dave is a top notch guy and bent over
backwards to get me what I wanted. Their build quality is second to none and
Rokmen is constantly improving their designs.

</end commercial>
n.

.. .

Old July 27th 05, 02:25 AM
thomas

Don't know nada about the bumpers, but those mounting brackets are a
work of art!

Old July 27th 05, 02:41 PM
Jeepers!

On 2005-07-26 20:25:28 -0500, thomas > said:

> Don't know nada about the bumpers, but those mounting brackets are a
> work of art!

Those are exactly like the ones Bulletproof sent with my bumper.

Don't get me wrong, Bulletproof Bumpers are excellent bumpers. It's the
customer service (or lack therof) that will be their undoing (again).
My only real issue with the manufacturer was the two untapped holes. It
was maddening to try to get those last two bolts in! MADDENING I SAY,
MADDENING!!! BWAAHHHHHAHAHAAH!

> Nathan Otis wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry to hear that cause those guys make a pretty nice product.
>> <snip>
>> www.rokmen.com

Bulletproof Bumpers, what's their deal!?! Jeepers! Jeep 0 May 23rd 05 06:08 PM
Super bug bumpers sprbug VW air cooled 2 December 2nd 04 05:26 AM
rusty bumpers kline49 VW air cooled 1 November 16th 04 04:26 AM
After Market bumpers rust like mad!! Joe Cali Next Generation-usa VW air cooled 15 October 25th 04 07:35 PM
Bumpers AR 164 '92 Yoeri Gemeen Alfa Romeo 0 September 2nd 04 10:25 AM