Just think how smooth freeway driving would be if the SL was 55 and strictly enforced

Old December 2nd 05, 12:20 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

Default Just think how smooth freeway driving would be if the SL was 55 and strictly enforced

"Laura...";

Have you ever correlated rates of velocity with following distances?

Douglas A. Willinger
Takoma Park Highway Design Studio
http://www.HighwaysAndCommunities.com

Old December 2nd 05, 04:39 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

DNC_TN wrote:

> On 1 Dec 2005 06:09:03 -0800, "Larry Bud" >
> wrote:
>

>>laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
>>
>>>If it was 55 then practically no one would do less than that and if
>>>speeding got you some jail time and a DL suspension then no one would
>>>do more. It would be highway heaven with everyone driving the same
>>>speed. No jams and no crashes.

>>You'd have MORE traffic jams because you'd have more cars on the
>>freeway at any one time.
>>
>>Traffic jams are cause by traffic load, nothing more, nothing less. A
>>freeway can accomodate a certain number of cars at any one time.
>>Almost literally 1 more car than that load, and you get the accordion
>>effect.
>>
>>But don't let facts get in your way.

> So based on what you said, why not force people to do NO LESS than 100
> mph on the highway? Then the chance of wrecks and traffic jams would
> be near zero, right?
>
> Are you also one of those people I hear saying that selt belts cut
> people's heads off in high speed crashes?
>
> Do you also believe in the "thrown clear" theory that it's better to
> not wear a seatbelt so you can be "thrown clear" and avoid injury?
>
> I've heard people say this is why I ask.
>
> ************************************
> http://www.dubyareport.net/
> New and Improved...No More Sillyness

As for everything else, this ignorant right wing cocksucker doesn't
know a ****ing thing about it.

--
"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas,
probably in Tennessee—that says: Fool me once, shame on [pause]
Old December 2nd 05, 02:53 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

> That's a lie and you know it. As long as you're in top gear slower
> gives better gas mileage due to less wind resistance. BTW - if you
> could read, you'd see that this thread isn't about gas mileage anyway.
> The claim is that a 55 mph SL strictly enforced would result in
> everyone driving the same speed and traffic would thus flow more
> smoothly and safely.

Here's a link that YOU provided in another thread SUPPORTING a 55mph
speed limit that directly refutes this idiotic claim:

http://www.publicpurpose.com/hwy-fatal57+.htm

Can you count to eleven without taking your shoes off? I'm not joking.

Old December 3rd 05, 08:03 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

I thought it was interesting that when I first came upon this thread in
my newsreader's summary pane, it read (all on one line):

Just think how smooth freeway driving would be if... Laura Bush
murdered her boyfriend