2011 Buick Regal Top Safety Pick, Lexus IS "Average" Infiniti G35/37 "Marginal"

Old August 31st 10, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
john

Default 2011 Buick Regal Top Safety Pick, Lexus IS "Average" Infiniti G35/37 "Marginal"

"The 2011 Buick Regal has been named a Top Safety Pick from the
Insurance Institute of Highway Safety, besting models from Lexus and
Infiniti.

General Motors has said it has positioned Buick to compete against
Asian luxury brands, leaving Cadillac to take on European brands. The
comparable 2010 Lexus IS fell short of a Top Safety Pick by receiving
an “acceptable” rating in the rear crash test, while the 2010 Infiniti
G35/G37 earned a “marginal” rating in that test.

Read mo 2011 Buick Regal lauded for safety | freep.com | Detroit
Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/2010083...#ixzz0y9JffFtt

Old August 31st 10, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
Colon Oscopy

You really are a ****ing idiot. In crash tests the Buick will probably do
better but take a look at reliability after 3 years with each vehicle you
posted about. Your Lexus and Infiniti will be doing just fine, but that
Buick will probably need a new transmission, new door motors, lights
replace, electrical problems and a host of others.

Too bad you can't afford a new car! LOL!

Old August 31st 10, 06:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
hls

"john" > wrote in message
"The 2011 Buick Regal has been named a Top Safety Pick from the
Insurance Institute of Highway Safety, besting models from Lexus and
Infiniti.

General Motors has said it has positioned Buick to compete against
Asian luxury brands, leaving Cadillac to take on European brands.

***
From what I read, the Regal IS a European brand....an Opel rebadged
as a Buick.

I had thought that Regal disappeared from the US market and was
replaced by the Lacross, with the Lucerne being substituted after
the LeSabre was dumped. And I think this was true.

The Regal was only reborn because of the European connection with
Opel, IIUC.

Winning a safety contest is a positive achievement. Most cars today
fare pretty well. And this Regal, being of German extraction, may hold up
pretty well. We'll know in a few years.

Old August 31st 10, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
WW[_2_]

"Colon Oscopy" > wrote in message
> You really are a ****ing idiot. In crash tests the Buick will probably do
> better but take a look at reliability after 3 years with each vehicle you
> posted about. Your Lexus and Infiniti will be doing just fine, but that
> Buick will probably need a new transmission, new door motors, lights
> replace, electrical problems and a host of others.
>
> Too bad you can't afford a new car! LOL!
>

> "john" > wrote in message
>> "The 2011 Buick Regal has been named a Top Safety Pick from the
>> Insurance Institute of Highway Safety, besting models from Lexus and
>> Infiniti.
>>
>> General Motors has said it has positioned Buick to compete against
>> Asian luxury brands, leaving Cadillac to take on European brands. The
>> comparable 2010 Lexus IS fell short of a Top Safety Pick by receiving
>> an “acceptable” rating in the rear crash test, while the 2010 Infiniti
>> G35/G37 earned a “marginal” rating in that test.
>>
>> Read mo 2011 Buick Regal lauded for safety | freep.com | Detroit
>> Free Press
>> http://www.freep.com/article/2010083...#ixzz0y9JffFtt

GM The mechanics friend to your cash. WW

Old September 1st 10, 02:05 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
Befu

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:07:21 -0700 (PDT), john >
wrote:

>"The 2011 Buick Regal has been named a Top Safety Pick from the
>Insurance Institute of Highway Safety, besting models from Lexus and
>Infiniti.

Hey Douchebag, if you had the common sense to go to the site yourself
and do some research, instead of your usual US-Car-Pumping tabloids,
you might have realized what an ass you just made out of yourself.

http://www.iihs.org

Old September 1st 10, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default 2011 Buick Regal Top Safety Pick, Lexus IS"Average" Infiniti G...

Indeed!
IIHS Names Ford Fiesta a 2010 Top Safety Pick.
http://www.windingroad.com
cuhulin

Old September 9th 10, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
Mrs. Ibrahim Al-Qassam \(Alljizz\)

"Befu" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:07:21 -0700 (PDT), john >
> wrote:
>
>>"The 2011 Buick Regal has been named a Top Safety Pick from the
>>Insurance Institute of Highway Safety, besting models from Lexus and
>>Infiniti.

> Hey Douchebag, if you had the common sense to go to the site yourself
> and do some research, instead of your usual US-Car-Pumping tabloids,
> you might have realized what an ass you just made out of yourself.
>
> http://www.iihs.org

What few brain cells john has left can't process your paragraph. It's way
over his pointy head. He would have to print it out and give it to a
responsible adult who can take the 8 hours to explain it to him.