GTV side repeaters

Old February 9th 05, 03:08 PM
Mike Anthony

Default GTV side repeaters

Hi all.

The side repeater on my 1982 Alfetta GTV just stopped working and I'm
ashamed to say I have totally failed to get the unit out to investigate :-(

It's one of the later models so it has the square type repeaters, I've tried
pushing, pulling, twisting and even my usual Alfa 'stand-by' procedure -
swearing at it.

I haven't done any of this with too much force in case I snap something but
does anyone know which way they come out?

Cheers

Mike

Old February 9th 05, 03:15 PM
Catman

Mike Anthony wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> The side repeater on my 1982 Alfetta GTV just stopped working and I'm
> ashamed to say I have totally failed to get the unit out to investigate
> :-(
>
> It's one of the later models so it has the square type repeaters, I've
> tried pushing, pulling, twisting and even my usual Alfa 'stand-by'
> procedure - swearing at it.
>
> I haven't done any of this with too much force in case I snap something
> but does anyone know which way they come out?

AFAIK there is a platic lug that clips it to the body work. Squeezin
opposing sides of the repeater should allow it to compress and fall out.
Of course, if your GTV is rusting, this happens more easily.
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old February 9th 05, 04:53 PM
Mike Anthony

"Catman" wrote in message

> AFAIK there is a platic lug that clips it to the body work. Squeezin
> opposing sides of the repeater should allow it to compress and fall out.

Do'h. Easy when you know how isn't it?

> Of course, if your GTV is rusting, this happens more easily.

Ah yes. I've just had in my hand a side repeater and a neat pile of flakes
of FE2 O3 - or as 'er indoors insists on calling it "Alfa hundreds and
thousands" - her insistence that there's a circle of them around my parking
spot is cruel and hurtful (if alamingly true).

Many thanks for your prompt replies gentlemen.

Mike

Old February 9th 05, 04:58 PM
Catman

Mike Anthony wrote:

> "Catman" wrote in message
>
>> AFAIK there is a platic lug that clips it to the body work. Squeezin
>> opposing sides of the repeater should allow it to compress and fall out.

> Do'h. Easy when you know how isn't it?

That's true of everything I assume it worked?

>> Of course, if your GTV is rusting, this happens more easily.

> Ah yes. I've just had in my hand a side repeater and a neat pile of
> flakes of FE2 O3 - or as 'er indoors insists on calling it "Alfa hundreds
> and thousands" - her insistence that there's a circle of them around my
> parking spot is cruel and hurtful (if alamingly true).

LOL. Tin work droppings, my friend

> Many thanks for your prompt replies gentlemen.

<sirius cybernetics corporation>
Glad to be of servicssssss
</ssc>
Old February 10th 05, 12:31 AM
Mike Anthony

"Catman" wrote in message

> <sirius cybernetics corporation>
> Glad to be of servicssssss

Sirius Cybernetics Corporation and Alfas in the same post - that's scarey.
I can see the advert now, "Your rusty pal who's fun to be with". And as for
Alfas with Genuine People Personality - just don't go there.

Old February 10th 05, 06:35 AM
Catman

Mike Anthony wrote:

> "Catman" wrote in message
>
>> <sirius cybernetics corporation>
>> Glad to be of servicssssss

> Sirius Cybernetics Corporation and Alfas in the same post - that's scarey.
> I can see the advert now, "Your rusty pal who's fun to be with".

rotfl

> And as
> for Alfas with Genuine People Personality - just don't go there.

I think we already are...........