Caliper pins

Old July 2nd 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
clifto

Default Caliper pins

A friend called. He has a Grand Marquis, I believe it's a 2006 with ABS.
Said a caliper pin shattered on him Saturday while hand-tightening it.
Got replacements (for $100!) and they gave him two different-sized pins
and boots. We can't find any information on which pin goes where, i.e.
whether the thinner pin is on top or bottom. Five dealer mechanics
gave five different answers (to an A/B question, go figger), and my
EBSCO on-line source gives no clues.

So does the big pin go on top or on the bottom?

--
Happy Birthday, Canada!
July 1, 1867 - July 1, 2007
Old July 2nd 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dahpater

On Jul 2, 6:37 pm, clifto > wrote:
> A friend called. He has a Grand Marquis, I believe it's a 2006 with ABS.
> Said a caliper pin shattered on him Saturday while hand-tightening it.
> Got replacements (for $100!) and they gave him two different-sized pins
> and boots. We can't find any information on which pin goes where, i.e.
> whether the thinner pin is on top or bottom. Five dealer mechanics
> gave five different answers (to an A/B question, go figger), and my
> EBSCO on-line source gives no clues.
>
> So does the big pin go on top or on the bottom?
>
> --
> Happy Birthday, Canada!
> July 1, 1867 - July 1, 2007
> In honor of Canada's birthday, all Canadians are directed to spend Sunday
> in their birthday suits.

Check the other side.

Old July 3rd 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
clifto

dahpater wrote:
>> So does the big pin go on top or on the bottom?

> Check the other side.

This could have happened to me: he's had them apart and never noticed the
difference until the new pins. He only noticed on the new ones because
one pin is fluted on the new ones. So the other side is probably put
together with whatever pin fit wherever.

Old July 3rd 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
George[_10_]

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:37:44 -0500, clifto > wrote:

> Happy Birthday, Canada!
> July 1, 1867 - July 1, 2007
> In honor of Canada's birthday, all Canadians are directed to spend Sunday
> in their birthday suits.

What is this "Canada" place? Is it near Finland?
Old July 3rd 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mike Romain

George wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:37:44 -0500, clifto > wrote:
>
>> Happy Birthday, Canada!
>> July 1, 1867 - July 1, 2007
>> In honor of Canada's birthday, all Canadians are directed to spend Sunday
>> in their birthday suits.

> What is this "Canada" place? Is it near Finland?

Yup, we are just a little hop across the fast melting ice eh.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...
Old July 4th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
clifto

George wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:37:44 -0500, clifto > wrote:
>
>> Happy Birthday, Canada!
>> July 1, 1867 - July 1, 2007
>> In honor of Canada's birthday, all Canadians are directed to spend Sunday
>> in their birthday suits.

> What is this "Canada" place? Is it near Finland?

Not far, but I wouldn't want to walk it.

--
Postulate a group whose intent is to destroy the United States from within
via anarchy and bankruptcy. The actions of the United States Congress are

pins on doors of 5.0s Finhead Ford Mustang 2 May 12th 07 07:33 AM
king pins / link pins zigford VW air cooled 1 July 16th 06 09:57 PM
Hood Pins Elle Honda 5 August 13th 05 03:32 AM
2002 Chrysler Town & Country brake caliper guide pins Rich Heimlich Chrysler 4 July 15th 05 11:20 AM
wiring pins vetteman Corvette 0 April 28th 05 01:12 AM