New spark plugs on the market.

Old June 26th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default New spark plugs on the market.

I was looking through my July 2007 Popular Mechanics magazine which I
received in my snail mail a couple of weeks ago.A big two page ad about
the new spark plugs. www.pulstarplug.com

Also, in my snail mail this morning is an O'Reilly auto parts
flyer.Measure & Charge Refrigerant and Oil.Contains refrigerant,oil and
stop leak.19 ounzes. INT MAC134 $19.95
cuhulin

Old June 27th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Don[_1_]

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:41:17 -0500, wrote:

>I was looking through my July 2007 Popular Mechanics magazine which I
>received in my snail mail a couple of weeks ago.A big two page ad about
>the new spark plugs.
www.pulstarplug.com

>Also, in my snail mail this morning is an O'Reilly auto parts
>flyer.Measure & Charge Refrigerant and Oil.Contains refrigerant,oil and
>stop leak.

The stop-leak is an excellent way to destroy a $2000 or more
refrigerant recycling/charging station if the vehicle's AC is ever
professionally serviced and the tech is not on his toes.

Not really that good for your AC system either.

Don
www.donsautomotive.com

Old June 27th 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

My old van has AC.Just roll the windows down.
Those new spark plugs, about 15 years ago I bought a new set of
Splitfire spark plugs for my van.Within a few miles one of them quit
working.I replaced it with one of the old regular spark plugs.Two days
later another one of those Splitfire spark plugs quit working.Ever since
then, I am very leery of new fangled spark plugs.I don't think I want to
try out any pulstar spark plugs.Autolite AP 64 spark plugs are the best
for my old van.
cuhulin

Old June 27th 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
maxwedge[_39_]

Correct on all points!

--
maxwedge
maxwedge's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...p?userid=19971

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old June 27th 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
C. E. White[_1_]

> wrote in message
>I was looking through my July 2007 Popular Mechanics magazine which I
> received in my snail mail a couple of weeks ago.A big two page ad
> about
> the new spark plugs. www.pulstarplug.com

Spark plug scams are almost as old as the internal combustion engine.
If these plugs really resulted in a 2 to 11% increase in fuel economy,
don't you think they would be standard on every car? The whole
explanation of "how they work" is total BS.

Ed

Old June 27th 07, 01:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve Austin

C. E. White wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> I was looking through my July 2007 Popular Mechanics magazine which I
>> received in my snail mail a couple of weeks ago.A big two page ad
>> about
>> the new spark plugs. www.pulstarplug.com

> Spark plug scams are almost as old as the internal combustion engine.
> If these plugs really resulted in a 2 to 11% increase in fuel economy,
> don't you think they would be standard on every car? The whole
> explanation of "how they work" is total BS.
>
> Ed

Nice graphics though. lol
Old June 27th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Well, haven't you ever tried out any new fangled auto gadgets before,
all those wild claims the ads advertize and you found out there was no
improvement at all or your vehicle ran worse than before?
cuhulin

Old June 27th 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve[_1_]

C. E. White wrote:

> > wrote in message
>
>>I was looking through my July 2007 Popular Mechanics magazine which I
>>received in my snail mail a couple of weeks ago.A big two page ad
>>about
>>the new spark plugs. www.pulstarplug.com

> Spark plug scams are almost as old as the internal combustion engine.
> If these plugs really resulted in a 2 to 11% increase in fuel economy,
> don't you think they would be standard on every car? The whole
> explanation of "how they work" is total BS.
>
> Ed

Wow, it is amazingly bull****ty. I have to hand it to advertizers, they
don't generally fabricate nonsense out of thin air to anywhere near the
extent that they did back in the 50s and 60s, but this fluff could have
been lifted straight out of one of the nuttier ads from back then.
Old June 27th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
C. E. White[_1_]

"Steve" > wrote in message
> C. E. White wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>>
>>>I was looking through my July 2007 Popular Mechanics magazine which
>>>received in my snail mail a couple of weeks ago.A big two page ad
>>>about
>>>the new spark plugs. www.pulstarplug.com

>> Spark plug scams are almost as old as the internal combustion
>> engine. If these plugs really resulted in a 2 to 11% increase in
>> fuel economy, don't you think they would be standard on every car?
>> The whole explanation of "how they work" is total BS.
>>
>> Ed

> Wow, it is amazingly bull****ty. I have to hand it to advertizers,
> they don't generally fabricate nonsense out of thin air to anywhere
> near the extent that they did back in the 50s and 60s, but this
> fluff could have been lifted straight out of one of the nuttier ads
> from back then.

Vortex / Splitfire....

Old June 27th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

My 1914 T Model Ford car has take apart spark plugs for easy
cleaning.The spark plugs come apart in three seperate pieces.I have some
new old stock spare spark plugs for the car too.I guess if you do a
search for, Collectible Antique Spark Plugs

You might see all kinds of old, old spark plugs.
cuhulin

Spark Plugs Richard Chrysler 7 October 30th 06 03:20 PM
spark plugs? zakman via CarKB.com VW water cooled 3 March 31st 06 08:16 AM
VR6 spark plugs Get Involved VW water cooled 0 March 16th 06 08:15 PM
Oil in spark plugs bigrob4201 Honda 7 June 26th 05 05:23 AM
156 2.5 V6 Spark plugs? [email protected] Alfa Romeo 0 May 1st 04 11:11 PM