C4 Windshield Wipers

Old March 30th 07, 03:24 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default C4 Windshield Wipers

I have a 1990 C4 Corvette and the windshield wipers hit the hood. I
have tried several different brands to no avail. Any ideas?????

Old March 30th 07, 07:36 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Mar 30, 9:24 am, wrote:
> I have a 1990 C4 Corvette and the windshield wipers hit the hood. I
> have tried several different brands to no avail. Any ideas?????

Figured it out---Use Trico 20-2 These are the only blades that will
clear the hood.

Old March 30th 07, 07:53 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Humm, is the hood sagging in the center?

Old April 2nd 07, 03:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Mar 30, 1:53 pm, Bob I > wrote:
> Humm, is the hood sagging in the center?
>

> wrote:
> > I have a 1990 C4 Corvette and the windshield wipers hit the hood. I
> > have tried several different brands to no avail. Any ideas?????- Hide quoted text -

Nope

Old April 2nd 07, 04:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Wolfman

Have the same trouble since I purcheased hi tech Bosch wipers....one on
drivers side seems to get stuck under the hood and then snaps free...

Old April 2nd 07, 06:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

wrote:
> On Mar 30, 1:53 pm, Bob I > wrote:
>> Humm, is the hood sagging in the center?
>>

>> wrote:
>>> I have a 1990 C4 Corvette and the windshield wipers hit the hood. I
>>> have tried several different brands to no avail. Any ideas?????- Hide quoted text -

> Nope

There should be about 3/8" clearance between the stock
blades and the hood when the wipers are parked and the
driver's side blade is seated in the parking clips. Since
the hood is OK, this sounds like the wrong arms or, the
blades that use an adapter to mate up with the factory arms.

Check and see if the driver's-side parking clips and rest
block are not bent or haven't been removed by a prior owner
who installed the wrong arms. The driver's side arm 'snugs'
over a rest-block located pretty much in line with the
steering column. The blade parks into a large bracket near
the center of the blade and a small bracket near the tip of
the blade.

Anco makes a blade refill for the C4; however, the correct
refill isn't a part of the "standard" Anco inventory in the
yellow box at the gas station -- it's an over-the-counter
item. Parts person has to know what they are doing.

Although the price for GM blade refills seems outrageous
(IIRC, $25 a pair), I think they fit and last better than
aftermarket brands.

--
PJ
Old April 3rd 07, 01:14 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Mar 30, 1:53 pm, Bob I > wrote:
>> Humm, is the hood sagging in the center?
>>
>> wrote:
>> > I have a 1990 C4 Corvette and the windshield wipers hit
>> > the hood. I
>> > have tried several different brands to no avail. Any
>> > ideas?????- Hide quoted text -

> Nope

then why even respond ?

--
"Key"
=====

Old April 4th 07, 06:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

PJ wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Mar 30, 1:53 pm, Bob I > wrote:
> >> Humm, is the hood sagging in the center?

> > Nope
> >

> There should be about 3/8" clearance between the stock
> blades and the hood when the wipers are parked and the
> driver's side blade is seated in the parking clips. Since
> the hood is OK, this sounds like the wrong arms or, the
> blades that use an adapter to mate up with the factory arms.
>
> Check and see if the driver's-side parking clips and rest
> block are not bent or haven't been removed by a prior owner
> who installed the wrong arms. The driver's side arm 'snugs'
> over a rest-block located pretty much in line with the
> steering column. The blade parks into a large bracket near
> the center of the blade and a small bracket near the tip of
> the blade.
>
> Anco makes a blade refill for the C4; however, the correct
> refill isn't a part of the "standard" Anco inventory in the
> yellow box at the gas station -- it's an over-the-counter
> item. Parts person has to know what they are doing.
>
> Although the price for GM blade refills seems outrageous
> (IIRC, $25 a pair), I think they fit and last better than
> aftermarket brands.

I agree. I eventually gave up looking for aftermarket blades for
my 1996 that were as narrow as the Chevrolet parts ... I just
order them from the Chevy dealer now. A little pricey but they
work perfectly and life is too short to spend hours trying to save a
few bucks. If you are worried about 25 or 50 dollars, just hope
you never have to replace a power window switch.

windshield wipers runster Saturn 1 January 11th 06 09:33 PM
windshield wipers notbob Honda 18 December 18th 05 12:55 PM
windshield wipers BillS Chrysler 4 November 6th 05 07:22 AM
Windshield Wipers kmriche Chrysler 1 September 29th 05 03:36 AM
windshield wipers [email protected] Jeep 24 January 30th 05 11:18 PM