Indy 500?

Old May 29th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Indy 500?

pws > wrote:

> I can't imagine watching anything but highlights of the race,
> (basically wrecks), on TV, but then, I haven't watched a Superbowl
> in over 20 years either, so to each their own....

I never miss a Superbowl, a friend hosts a big Superbowl party every
year, lots of people some of whom I see only that once a year, lots of
really GREAT food and a big screen TV so we don't miss any of the
commercials. Sometimes we watch the game, too...

Old May 29th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2007-05-29, XS11E > wrote:
> pws > wrote:
>
>> I can't imagine watching anything but highlights of the race,
>> (basically wrecks), on TV, but then, I haven't watched a Superbowl
>> in over 20 years either, so to each their own....

> I never miss a Superbowl, a friend hosts a big Superbowl party every
> year, lots of people some of whom I see only that once a year, lots of
> really GREAT food and a big screen TV so we don't miss any of the
> commercials.

That's pretty much my view of the Superbowl.

> Sometimes we watch the game, too...

I don't pay much attention to the game, but some of the
commercial are great. The half-time shows are usually so bad
that they're somewhat amusing.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Are we live or on
at tape?
Old May 30th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

They should put the old Nurburgring back on the schedule. That would
be something.

NOW you're talking! THAT would get me watching!

Chris
99BBB

Old May 30th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> They should put the old Nurburgring back on the schedule. That would
> be something.

Nah, I want to see street racing but instead of closing the streets,
do it at Sun City here. I can see the F1 cars mixing it up with the
old ladies in golf carts driving the wrong way, crossing the street
against the light, making U turns in the middle of an intersection....

Or move it to East Mesa with the snowbirds and their 45 foot
motorhomes..... watch some old person try to make a U turn with one of
those across the center divider, he blocked traffic in both directions
until they could get the motorhome dragged off the divider...

BTW, you know every such race would be won by an old Toyota with a
Domino's Pizza sign on the top, none of the F1 cars can match them for
speed or driving ability, on the track, on the road, on the sidewalk,
whatever it takes to not have to pay the $2 charge if the pizza isn't
there in 10 minutes!

I like EXCITING racing, like watching Phoenix traffic, not the slow,
boring, fatal accidents rarely happen racing such as NASCAR, Indy or
F1.

Old May 30th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst

On Tue, 29 May 2007 19:24:53 -0700, XS11E >
wrote:

>I like EXCITING racing, like watching Phoenix traffic, not the slow,
>boring, fatal accidents rarely happen racing such as NASCAR, Indy or
>F1.

Then the obvious answer is Figure 8 F1. Or, better yet, Figure 8 Indy.

Or still better yet, Figure 8 NASCAR.

-- Larry

Old May 30th 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Now you have it Larry ! It is fun to watch and to drive, but I stopped
doing that before they started chaining 3 school buses together and
runing them.

Location, location, location !!!! :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS