pulled over with no lisence - 5 points + fine - where do the points go?

Old November 29th 05, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default pulled over with no lisence - 5 points + fine - where do the points go?

Hey all, first time poster, hopefully someone here can help me out...
I was pulled over in MD for driving without a license, received a fine
plus 5 points, court is in 2 days.
Thing is, I have never had a drivers license in US so... where do the
points go if I am found guilty? Do I even need to go to court or should
I just pay the fine?

Thanks!

Old November 30th 05, 01:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hey all, first time poster, hopefully someone here can help me out...
> I was pulled over in MD for driving without a license, received a fine
> plus 5 points, court is in 2 days.
> Thing is, I have never had a drivers license in US so... where do the
> points go if I am found guilty? Do I even need to go to court or should
> I just pay the fine?
>
> Thanks!

Assuming this isn't a troll . . . the points are against your driving
record. Your driving record is usually accessed by referencing your
driver's license number. If you HAVE no driver's license, the record would
have to be accessed using other information like name, DOB, address, etc.
Points won't be a problem if you never intend to have a driver's license in
the U.S. If you ever DO get a driver's license in the U.S., the points from
your MD driving record might transfer to your new license in another state.
Also, it's possible to have a SUSPENSION on your record, even if you have no
driver's license. Sometimes you can be suspended in multiple states if you
are suspended in one. So rack up too many points in MD with no driver's
license, and it might be IMPOSSIBLE to get a license in any state.

I'd suggest you both get a legal driver's license for the U.S. AND go to
court. If you have a valid license before your court date, the judge might
be more lenient. -Dave

Old December 1st 05, 09:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Larry Bud wrote:
> Alex Rodriguez wrote:
>
>>In article .com>,
says...

>>>Hey all, first time poster, hopefully someone here can help me out...
>>>I was pulled over in MD for driving without a license, received a fine
>>>plus 5 points, court is in 2 days.
>>>Thing is, I have never had a drivers license in US so... where do the
>>>points go if I am found guilty? Do I even need to go to court or should
>>>I just pay the fine?

>>No license, no points. I would guess that at the very least your driving
>>privileges in MD will be suspended for some time.

> What difference if his driving privliege is suspended? He doesn't
> drive with a license to begin with!

I would think the car be confiscated already. How could a cop let
someone without a license and presumably insurance to drive on the road.
Old December 1st 05, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

l e o wrote:

> I would think the car be confiscated already. How could a cop let
> someone without a license and presumably insurance to drive on the road.

Millions of wetbacks drive without US license or insurance and nothing
is done about it. In fact, they are encouraged to continue doing so,
and cops are not allowed to confiscate their vehicles.