Bridgestone RE-11 short review

Old May 7th 10, 04:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Bridgestone RE-11 short review

pws > wrote:

> XS11E wrote:
>> pws > wrote:
>>
>>> This black 2005 MSM has caught my attention, but I am not ready
>>> yet........
>>>
>>> http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/1718271104.html

>> You could add the "HUGE TAK" to make it perfect!

> That is a given, I would think. Also the huge wing. After that, it
> would be fast, fast and yup, ferious!
>
> My failure to save that advertisement for the archives will always
> be one of my bigger regrets..........

We all share in the blame, I doubt there'll ever be another that
weird...

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old May 7th 10, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

pws wrote:
> Frank Berger wrote:
>
>> No.... but if you come up to Dallas on a Sunday, you can take it for
>> a spin. Remember, it's not a stock MSM. Got the FM Little Enchilada
>> package and around 200 HP.

> Careful there Frank, I could take you up on that one day!

The offer was not made in jest!

Old May 7th 10, 11:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Frank Berger wrote:
> pws wrote:
>> Frank Berger wrote:
>>
>>> No.... but if you come up to Dallas on a Sunday, you can take it for
>>> a spin. Remember, it's not a stock MSM. Got the FM Little Enchilada
>>> package and around 200 HP.

>> Careful there Frank, I could take you up on that one day!

> The offer was not made in jest!

Looks like I need to get my traveling gear together! I have a
long-standing invitation from Mr. D'Agnolo to come to Houston for some
autocross, and now a trip to my town of birth for a spin in a modified
MSM. :-)

Cool!

Pat
Old May 7th 10, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

XS11E wrote:
> pws > wrote:
>
>> XS11E wrote:

>>> You could add the "HUGE TAK" to make it perfect!

>> That is a given, I would think. Also the huge wing. After that, it
>> would be fast, fast and yup, ferious!
>>
>> My failure to save that advertisement for the archives will always
>> be one of my bigger regrets..........

> We all share in the blame, I doubt there'll ever be another that
> weird...

At least we have the pleasant memories.........

Pat
Old May 8th 10, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon

On Thu, 06 May 2010 21:11:17 -0500, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> "Frank Berger" > wrote in message >
>
>> I've been reading about putting a 5-speed in the MSM.

> Now, you're coming around!

I'd rather leave the 6-speed and just get a 3.63 final drive.

http://miataroadster.com/mazda.html
Old May 9th 10, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

The last Bridgestones on my 99 (several years ago) were good tires for
about two years. They then became so hard that I ended up replacing
them. (No stick on autocross turns) Slide, slide, slide.

Old May 9th 10, 04:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Carbon" > wrote in message
g.com...
> On Thu, 06 May 2010 21:11:17 -0500, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>> "Frank Berger" > wrote in message >
>>
>>> I've been reading about putting a 5-speed in the MSM.

>> Now, you're coming around!

> I'd rather leave the 6-speed and just get a 3.63 final drive.
>
> http://miataroadster.com/mazda.html

I wonder how much drop in rpm this provides at highway speeds. I may have to
ask them. They mention it's great for high powered Miatas, they don't
mention std powered cars.

Chris
99BBB

Old May 9th 10, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"pws" > wrote in message >>
>> The offer was not made in jest!

> Looks like I need to get my traveling gear together! I have a
> long-standing invitation from Mr. D'Agnolo to come to Houston for some
> autocross, and now a trip to my town of birth for a spin in a modified
> MSM. :-)
>
> Cool!
>
> Pat

Let's go big time! ;-)

Chris (Mr. D'Agnolo!?)
99BBB

Old May 9th 10, 01:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> "pws" > wrote in message >>
>>> The offer was not made in jest!

>> Looks like I need to get my traveling gear together! I have a
>> long-standing invitation from Mr. D'Agnolo to come to Houston for some
>> autocross, and now a trip to my town of birth for a spin in a modified
>> MSM. :-)
>>
>> Cool!
>>
>> Pat

> Let's go big time! ;-)
>
> Chris (Mr. D'Agnolo!?)
> 99BBB

That's right, old man! (Chris turned 50 recently, much older than my
young self)

Pat

Old May 9th 10, 06:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote:

> That's right, old man! (Chris turned 50 recently, much older than
> my young self)

This newsgroup is infested with you kids...

The Usenet Improvement Project:

Bridgestone to pay Ford $240 million in settlement C. E. White Technology 15 October 17th 05 04:26 PM
Bridgestone Dueler AT's dwk Jeep 2 March 11th 05 10:24 PM
Fuzion tires by bridgestone Raymond Prince Corvette 4 September 19th 04 01:51 AM
BFG A/T or Bridgestone Dueler A/T KrazY 4x4 0 December 14th 03 11:33 PM
BFG A/T or Bridgestone Dueler A/T zippy 4x4 0 December 13th 03 10:38 PM